BD Twins vrs rip's twins

Signature600 said:
In my opinion, you can go wrong with Rip's twins (just knowing the chargers he uses, and looking at pics on his site;)) or the BD's. I had them, and loved them...I had a HX40/B2 setup,and loved them too.

Thanks Rip!
Chris

You can go wrong? Might wanna fix that. ;)

I can’t speak to Twin Turbos from Source Automotive but I did have them build the Transmission on my 2007 5.9 and have purchased various items from them. I have been 100% impressed with their customer service, work, and honesty. Every time I did price comparisons Source Auto was better or the same, but no sales tax. I know a lot of folks that have dealt with Source Automotive for many years and I have never heard a complaint until this thread. I am confident that you wouldn’t go wrong with them. I don’t have any experience with BD.

thanks guys these have defantly been much better in helping my decision, rip what are the specs on you s-400 my top turbo is the bd super b have you ever put your kit on one of them. i have recived a vrey good deal for a bd up grade kit and im hight considering it however it may not be enough air for my truck, and its a manual so no need to remove my nonexistant tranny cooler thanks guys.

There should never be a question to Rip's customer service. He has always helped with any questions I can bug him with, and always quotes me the best prices. I have refered quite a few people to him for a reason, and they feel the same way after they deal with him. Jason at NWCustoms is a great guy and definitely knows how to fab stuff up. But it's almost impossible to get ahold of him unless you know how. I usually hate BD's stuff because I've never had any luck with them, for my truck or my Dad's truck. But the twins they make just seem to work well and are pretty much a no brainer for the guy who doesn't know a whole lot. But if you don't mind the extra little amount of work Like Rip stated, I definitely think his are a better choice. As soon as I can swap an auto behind my motor (I hate DD's) I'll certainly have some of his twins.

i believe the specs for rips s400 he uses is the inducer i was told when i called with the part number (i cant give out) but was told the inducer was a 2.99 which means 75.94mm and the exh wheel i thouught was an 84? dont hold me to the exh wheel and the exh housing was a 1.35 a\r i think thats like a 35cm housing or bigger i forget the math to convert that

if some one will tell me how to post pics on here i will go take pics right now of mine

Rip Rook said:
camo I quoted you 4600 for a 3rd gen kit.Why I offered you a "deal" I now haven't a clue.You wanted me to match someone else's price of 3800$. I told you I couldn't do that & would be paying you to take it if I did.You asked me the difference between the two kits. I honestly told you I didn't know the difference as I hadn't seen the kit you were referring to.Yes, I indeed said if you laid them both on the ground maybe you could see a difference. If you paid 4800$ on a 3800$ quote, something clearly appears amiss. Either that or you blatantly lied to me hoping for a "deal". Looking back it seems as though you've had a problem with me since I wouldn't allow you to choose your own pricing.That's one of the cool things about America.If you don't like us, our product, or our prices, you have the option to take your business elsewhere.I'm damn glad you did.

Rip

Rip. you are NOT a honest business person. You quoted me $5600 plus shipping. Period. You told me you couldn't come down in price any because you "had too much time" into them. "any cheaper and you would be paying me!" you also said maybe you should work your guys harder because maybe they weren't building them in an effecient manner. further more, when I asked why such the high price you became defensive and a smart ass. this is even after i was giving you a second chance for burning me on that head and the work i told you i already had done to it.

Burton quoted me $4800 and thats what I paid.
Further more you told me it would be more for shipping.

one of the cool things about american is that i can pass the word that you are a dirty businessman. i'm even entitled to my opinion even if you think i'm not being fair or honest. ever since greed has taken you over you have not been the same person. i hear it from countless people. eventually your tactics will catch up with you. you used to be widely loved however your stock has slipped. i have also the right to have the opinion that i believe Burtons kits are of better quality than yours. its life.

NEXT!

Yeah what's the deal with "your level"? I mean 600 is just so much to be proud of out of a 3rd gen.:umno:

TheBigNasty said:
Yeah what's the deal with "your level"? I mean 600 is just so much to be proud of out of a 3rd gen.:umno:

It's the "Custom Mudflaps" that push him into the next level!:hehe:

Shall we add up the amount of money into everyone's truck? Cause im sure camo's is gonna be near the top. And how many people are there that make decent HP with 03-04 CRs?

I guess I would loose by far then because I believe that it is alot cooler to have a cheap truck I built that stomps all over ones that are shop *****s and had more money than most people make in a year thrown at them.

ERemington said:
Shall we add up the amount of money into everyone's truck? Cause im sure camo's is gonna be near the top. And how many people are there that make decent HP with 03-04 CRs?

Sure, why not...he who spends the most wins anyway, right? Look at Bank$, it works for them!

Chris

Camotanker said:
yes. yes it is! :hehe:

:rolleyes:

But back to the topic................

I spent quite a bit of time talking with Rip on the phone about twins. We talked some theroy and about some plumbing ideas. Seemed like a great guy and spent all the time knowing I probably was not going to buy anything because i have to custom build my twins myself.

Back