BD Twins vrs rip's twins

had some guys give me some amazing quotes on the bd kit but i jsut dont know if it will be enough air for my needs arrr.

mine will be for sale in about 2-3 weeks if you feel like waiting. 1 year old about 6K miles on them.

Call John Todd at BD-power and ask him if they will fit your needs.

PS the Bully Dog truck on Pinks ran their set up and Dyno'd 800 I think

1800-887-5030

Malcolm

LostnWalmart, you mean Lost in this Thead LOL

Yes the Bully Dog truck on Pinks truck ran 800HP with our twins, they were pushed beyond their limits but still performed. What I have not seen mentioned yet is the BD R700 twin kit. I know you do not have a 3rd Gen LostnWalmart and these do not apply to you but I wanted to mention them as this thread has changed gears anyway. We just had 700 plus HP on a C/R last BD Dyno Days that was very clean. The BD single or twins can be upgraded to the R700. I am sure that anyone that has installed a set of BD twins will agree the kits are very complete and well engineered, anyone who has driven them will tell you they perform very well too.

LostnWalmart I know how long you have been working on this decision here and on other threads, doing your research will pay off. Good Luck!

[B said:
Lostnwalmart[/B]]had some guys give me some amazing quotes on the bd kit but i jsut dont know if it will be enough air for my needs arrr.

I just realized you have a manuals trans? no heat exchanger, no reason the R700 won't work if you need more air than the regular BD twins can provide.

bd twins

lost in walmart, my dad just ordered his twins for his '02 for 3200.

hmmmmm dave what would be involed in gettign this done? would it be an upgrade kit on top of my existing bd super b or will it be a whole new set? im very interested in this possibility and if possible pm me a relitive cost of it.

Lostnwalmart said:
hmmmmm dave what would be involed in gettign this done? would it be an upgrade kit on top of my existing bd super b or will it be a whole new set? im very interested in this possibility and if possible pm me a relitive cost of it.

We have not fit one on a 2nd gen yet but without the heat exchanger on your manual transmission the only other problem would I could see would be the downpipe, you may have to fab one up.

duke1n said:
What were the drive pressures at 708hp?
I can check for you. The guy running them is a good friend and customer of mine. I do not think he is a member on this site. I will check with him and see if he can get you the info. If memory serves me correct, I do not think they are too high.

I've considered trying Shane's(II) towing twins but was worried at that level DP would be through the roof.

lmills said:
75 dp @ approx. 63 psi boost

Thanks lmills,

Even at that his w/g would have starting to open, he could adjust his wastegate and improve the dp if he wanted too, I believe this truck is more daily driver than competition so he probably does not spend much time at 63PSI other than showing off at Dyno Days LOL

If we were custom building the R700 Twin Kits for specific trucks they would probably not be wastegated... IMO

Yes, he also mentioned about the wastegate adjustment, but I am pretty sure he said someone mentioned to him to tighten it!?!? Either way, for what it is worth, I think Rob said it was measured at the upper end of the RPM band (over 3K RPM). So at that point you are moving a lot of exhaust gases. For a daily driver that he tows with he is very happy with the outcome of the chargers. :D

I have had good luck with Rip on twin parts and injectors. I buy different parts seperatly. And make the rest my self. I personly like the S400 as the large charger.

Back