Best hooking tires,size/ brand street tire for the strip/ street

Duraeater5.9

I have a 09 6.7 cummins and run 20s with 305 55 trail grapplers daily but my stockers are needing some new rubber
So I'm looking for a tire for my stock 17s I can hook the best with at the strip but can still ride dd on every now and then open to sizes and brand

I searched and found some results but mostly about slicks, also I've herd good reviews on the nitto dune grapplers on the strip??

My last time at the track with the stock 265s it blew them off trying to leave at 10 to 12 lbs of boost ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive had pretty good luck with nitto terra grapplers. With then aired down to 15 lbs i was able to get a 2.0 60ft out of them on my 2wd.

I've herd bad things about the terras at the strip but what size were they

the problem is i dont think they make real good strip tires in 17s i run 305 50 r20 nitto 420s an i can cut 2.2 60ft 2wd i bet you could cut 1.8 being 4x4

Still haven't figured out why 20s seem to have the best options for sticky tires.

i would suggest the nitto 420's but those arent available for a 17 inch rim. they do hook good tho. Im not sure if the toyo proxes come in 17 in rim size. the proxe st1's are great tires if you can find them. If not i had great luck with pirelli scorpions, best hooking tire i have ran yet.

I've been on the hunt for a street tire that's track oriented for a while. Something in the 32-12-17 range.

Thanks for the feed back I'm not really wanting to sacrifice my mts on my 20s for a street tire lol but it would be nice to find even a radial in a 17 to be lighter than the 20

Still haven't figured out why 20s seem to have the best options for sticky tires.

because the better tires are made to handle too and like 32 12 r17 would have too much side wall flex but i have heard really good things about bfg ats i dont know why the seem to hook decent

You guys that are running radials what size and are you running

I am running the terra grapplers 325/60/18s on a 4x4 f350 weighs about 7600 lbs. I have been able to run a 1.69 60' and a 7.83 1/8 mile. I have 50lbs air in all 4. I do pump up my air bags

I had the Same tires on the "INTERCEPTOR" and now on "REPEAT OFFENDER" and have cut 1.63 60 ft.'s Both trucks are 7300 lbs ish and hooked up well..

TOYO AT's 285/70/17 's

I also have them on my 2012

dc03911d.jpg

I was looking at getting the scorpions to put on my 17s when my tires go bald

I also run toyo AT's in a 285/75/16 and have cut low 1.7s and high 1.6's all year running the 12.0 index class. I have spun once this year leaving at 25lbs of boost with 30psi in the front and 32 in the backs.

Swole how much boost are you leaving at and what tire pressure I see your videos your truck runs good