Best hooking tires,size/ brand street tire for the strip/ street

Swole how much boost are you leaving at and what tire pressure I see your videos your truck runs good

I try to leave between 18-22 ish....

I only lower the pressures to 45 F / 40 R

I'm sure it would help to lower them a bit more but I need to drive back home after the runs, so I just compromise..

Once I buy a trailer, I'll lower them a bit more.

As soon as I get some tires I'm headed to the track for some feed back, swole I see your in ga let me no when you head back to the track it would be nice to get away from all these dmax guys for once haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As soon as I get some tires I'm headed to the track for some feed back, swole I see your in ga let me no when you head back to the track it would be nice to get away from all these dmax guys for once haha

Hoping to go to Reynolds GA (SilverDollar) a week from Tmrw...
I need to get a base line 1/4 time on this thing before I add a lock up switch or do anything else power wise...

1.65's was my personal best
60 with the toyo proxes 2's.......305/50/r20's.......and just yesterday put on nitto 420's..........

Last edited:
Yokohama geolander at/s 285's got me into mid 1.6's. On my truck with nitto 420s 305/50/20 could only get low 1.7's even after adding caltracs

what you think about them so far

so far there great............look good to lol...i have the nadm nats in 2 weeks, so i"ll know how they hook then....im hearing good things...the vid in my sig is with proxes, and i spin all 4 pretty good..so im hoping the 420's will help just a tad..if they dont, then im going for the 16in rim deal with the M&H 30in drag radial....

i got 305 55 20s and consistant 1.69s-1.7s 60 ft. Front/rears 30lbs ish. leaving 15lbs of boost. I spin off the line for a sec then spin again when i hit lockup for a sec. still getting 7.1s in 1/8th
How do 60ft times and tires react to gears? I have 4:10s so im guessing i have more wheel spin type torque off the line

i got 305 55 20s and consistant 1.69s-1.7s 60 ft. Front/rears 30lbs ish. leaving 15lbs of boost. I spin off the line for a sec then spin again when i hit lockup for a sec. still getting 7.1s in 1/8th
How do 60ft times and tires react to gears? I have 4:10s so im guessing i have more wheel spin type torque off the line

i have 410's also, i think im geared out at the end of a run.....making the switch to 373's...

16" wheels wont fit over your brakes you know..
Whats you're 1/4 mph? I'm 118, i think mine r about 32"ish

Last edited:
They make 3.42's!!!! Why not them?

joelc79, I get the same 1st gear results.. But 2nd and lockup hooks.

i really dont know...what do you think that would do to my e.t........i know mph will increase.....not even sure if its the right thing to do..just what ive been told.......my tires are 32in....there nitto 420's, and they hook real nice at the track..better then proxes 2's...

Last edited:
3:42s will make a huge difference.

Besides mph... what? Less likely to spin off the line, slower 60ft? but gain on the back half? Would it be harder to drive on the street (spool/smoke controll)when i occasionally do take it out?
I have been wanting to do this for a while but something else always breakes first.
I think/hope i have those issues straightend out and want to start planing my projects for my winter months

With 3:42 gears what tire/wheel combo do you suggest for drag racing and maybe the occasional trip down the road?
Would it be different for 3:55s?

Last edited:
Back