Best hot rod pump

I have a turbonetics 62 going on it that is non gated so I am a little scared of it. I have never messed with a nongated charger. I need to check the sizes on it though. It was give to me by Sport that owns leadfoot. He used it in a twin set up on a 6.0. We told the at II what I was going with it and that we wanted as little smoke as possible and supposedly they are setting up the injectors just for my setup. I just hope everything works out with it. I also have some studs and springs waiting for the inevitable head gasket failure that is coming.

I have a turbonetics 62 going on it that is non gated so I am a little scared of it. I have never messed with a nongated charger. I need to check the sizes on it though. It was give to me by Sport that owns leadfoot. He used it in a twin set up on a 6.0. We told the at II what I was going with it and that we wanted as little smoke as possible and supposedly they are setting up the injectors just for my setup. I just hope everything works out with it. I also have some studs and springs waiting for the inevitable head gasket failure that is coming.

Might want to measure those wheels before you get too carried away. Most of the turbonetics chargers I have seen were geared more towards the gasser world with closely matched turbine and compressors, no MWE, tight housings, etc... but there are some out there that work well on diesels.

I am going to put a mic on it and see exactly what it is. I know it was run on a 6.0 psd in a compound setup years ago. For the time being and the price I cant complain though. Long as it will get me by a few weeks till I can order something else if needed. Plus it was gone back threw by turbonetics then put on a shelf. I have my fingers crossed it will work out for me.

Last edited:
I run a 62/71/12 on my 99. Stock valve springs. Doesn't like the edge on 5 but its a quick spooling monster otherwise. Loves hauling.

I hated my 62/65/14. Didn't like it at all.

I got one on the car.. and I have 0 complaints about it.
But the car is a car.. I think a 62 68 14 would be a great turbo for a truck..

I need more towing than anything right now. I would love to do a compound setup one day but that will be on down the road.