best input shaft

06ramcummins

Went to the track last night and broke my input shaft on the very first launch!!:clap: Who has the best or strongest input shaft or are all shafts the same. I don't want this crap happening again!! I had and ATS billet input. Im needing this info asap. Im stuck down here in San Antonio.

I've had really good luck with Opie's shafts. He also has a fat shaft option. Give Dave a call at Ultimate transmission. 208 631-2133.

didn't Sam just break his Opie input shaft ? I'd like to hear more about that cause they aren't suppose to break that easily

don't know. Swole was with him recently though on a test drive after putting a HG on. He told me he barely go into it and snap ! He's never raced the truck and only made one or two pulls with it as far as I know.

don't know. Swole was with him recently though on a test drive after putting a HG on. He told me he barely go into it and snap ! He's never raced the truck and only made one or two pulls with it as far as I know.

To Clarify to Ty....Sam = Slowgo here on CompD

Yes, I was with him on his first TD....Rolled into it at 50 or so and it made about 65 psi and then the HG let loose with this ARP 2000's torqued to 130 ( that was his 3 or 4th re-torque)

On the way to the track that night , Sam was by himself behind me....I saw him Roll into it a few time ( this was after the new HG and switching to ARP's 625's torqued to 170 ft. lbs.).......By NO means was he rough on it....He stopped for some chew at the store and we continued on....He called me a few mins. later and stated that he rolled into it at about 40 or so...And it just Snapped!!!

I'm sure it had to have been hurt before those test drives....Sam is NOT rough on his truck compared to me or even you Ty....
Who knows why the failure happened....

yeah I knew his screen name. He called me to ask what shaft I was using cause he just broke his. I was surprised to hear it was a Opie shaft though. I know Steve ( Opie's name I believe ?? ) always said he's not had any break.

Do you know if Jeff put another Opie in for him ?

yeah I knew his screen name. He called me to ask what shaft I was using cause he just broke his. I was surprised to hear it was a Opie shaft though. I know Steve ( Opie's name I believe ?? ) always said he's not had any break.

Do you know if Jeff put another Opie in for him ?

I was just other his screename...I knew you knew it...lol

Not sure on what went back in...Jeff's had trouble getting Opie on the phone lately...he may have since then though...

Hmm. I figured if I snapped another shaft, Id get all Opies shafts.

Given the right circumstances, a bone stock engine could snap billet stuff. Nothings 'bulletproof' unfortunately

Update fellas. I just talked to my tranny guy and what broke was my output shaft. for now to get back on the road im putting a stock output back in but will need to upgrade soon.

Update fellas. I just talked to my tranny guy and what broke was my output shaft. for now to get back on the road im putting a stock output back in but will need to upgrade soon.

WOW!!!!

You Got off EASY!!!!! Outputs are an easier install!!

another update. couldn't find a stock output anywhere so I went ahead and upgraded to a billet output and should arrive tomorrow morning. now that the tranny should be in check time to add more power! this is never ending fellas!

I have a stock output in my eyesight right now...lol.. and stock input and some good clutchs and a flex plate and valvebody..hell I have a whole trans... my gf hates my messy'ness

this is an OPie shaft i assume, my buddy got from Georend. hes got a 96 2wheeler 62/3b twins. he was messing with my bro's twin turbo dmax and this is what happened. the splines look like they are helical cut and the other half was stuck in the TC. kinda crappy pic but you can tell.

Attachments

• eli's input shaft.jpg
    eli's input shaft.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 100
I use Suncoast ALL billet shafts throughout,...

And NO issues on boost launches at the drags.

I know Opie's stuff is normally top drawer so it will be interesting to follow this one. Did you get the OEM style replacement or that oversized sucker? That thing is HUGE,.. I am surprised to say the least.

Last edited:
this is an OPie shaft i assume, my buddy got from Georend. hes got a 96 2wheeler 62/3b twins. he was messing with my bro's twin turbo dmax and this is what happened. the splines look like they are helical cut and the other half was stuck in the TC. kinda crappy pic but you can tell.

An OPIE shaft from Goerend? You sure about that? I don't think Dave uses OPIE's stuff.

I've seen all brands of billet inputs broken.

The only one i haven't seen break yet is OPIE's big billet input, but i don't know how many of them are out there so far. I had one in my 06 and it was strong enough to tear the center out of the convertor without twisting or breaking. :bang

Chris