best input shaft

I would be curious how many shafts are warrantied.
The OPIE parts appear to be some very nice parts, but if none of them ever get warrantied, maybe just sell the parts without a warranty?

I have Opie's shafts on both of my trucks. I have the OEM size shafts on my 02, and the fat shafts on my 05. The fat shafts are awesome pieces, but are overkill for most trucks. If you hold them side by side with the OEM size shafts, it's really amazing how much bigger they are.

Are billet shafts un-breakable? No. It doesn't matter who makes them or what the design is, anything can be broken. I believe that Opie's shafts are the best available. If I didn't believe that I wouldn't run them. I have over 1800 1/4 mile passes on my 02 and over 200 on my 05. I like to race, and I like to win. You can't win if you are always breaking.

I will be the first to admit that I have broken transmission parts. I broke an input shaft (among other trans parts) at Redding, CA a few years ago. It was the first race after I put twin turbos on. Redding doesn't always have the best racing surface (it's much better now), and always before, if I spun off the line, I would just pedal it really quick, the turbo would bark, and the power would come back on slowly. With the large primary on the twins, the boost comes back really fast. So... As soon as I pedaled it, the trans shifted, locked up, and then it hit full power again. Low rpm, monster torque, and tire shake... It destroyed the stator in the torque converter, 241DHD transfer case, input shaft (fractured it), split a shim in the rear end, and twisted the drive shaft, and I learned to roll back into the power with twins... Oh, yeah...The only thing that had any warranty was the input shaft.

Paul

yep, as Paul stated anything can break, my input shaft went fortunately for me that was all Opie warrantied it no problem, it was the old style, have the new style now, and thanks to Opie I know which is which.

I know Goerend list Sonnex shafts, but does or will he use Opies fat shafts, if anybody knows?

I would be curious how many shafts are warrantied.
The OPIE parts appear to be some very nice parts, but if none of them ever get warrantied, maybe just sell the parts without a warranty?

Opie parts are the strongest available always have been for that matter. Changes have been made over time to keep up with power increases.

As for warrantee and customer service who cares about your curiosity, what you think or want Zstroken? I am starting to think you where one of them kids that were leashed to the shopping cart as a little kid.

BTW Where is that TCI input shaft that you mentioned in 2 of 2008? Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

You have never bought anything from me but once again you are trying to twist something, so about your advise on warrantees or anything else for that matter… No thanks.

Backwards...

The 4 hole is the new style, the 2 hole has been discontinued. I strive to make all my parts easy to identify from the competition.

The OEM replacement 4 hole is the only shaft with a perfect record todate. They came out in July 2006. FWIW they where just revised again last month.

Do You have side-by-side picture about bouth shafts?

I would like to knew witch shaft is in my tranny, new or old designe.

Opie parts are the strongest available always have been for that matter. Changes have been made over time to keep up with power increases.

As for warrantee and customer service who cares about your curiosity, what you think or want Zstroken? I am starting to think you where one of them kids that were leashed to the shopping cart as a little kid.

BTW Where is that TCI input shaft that you mentioned in 2 of 2008? Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

You have never bought anything from me but once again you are trying to twist something, so about your advise on warrantees or anything else for that matter… No thanks.

I guess TCI dropped the ball, don't know. Maybe they lied to me or I was wrong. Wouldn't be the first time for either.

I posted the question about the warranty as I would like to see folks that have their shafts warranted so far there have been some chime in and say that they have had their stuff warrantied.

Do You have side-by-side picture about bouth shafts?

I would like to knew witch shaft is in my tranny, new or old designe.

Who did you get your input from and when?

Here is an old pic from this site. If you look at the shaft on the right you can see two holes where as you can only see one on the shaft next to it. The holes on both shafts are through so one has two and the other has four. lol

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

As I mentioned earlier the OEM four holes have just been revised with a larger diameter spline in the hub making them very easy to tell apart from all angles from the competition.

I guess TCI dropped the ball, don't know. Maybe they lied to me or I was wrong. Wouldn't be the first time for either.

I posted the question about the warranty as I would like to see folks that have their shafts warranted so far there have been some chime in and say that they have had their stuff warrantied.

I was unable to reply to your PM as your mailbox is full.

Who did you get your input from and when?

Here is an old pic from this site. If you look at the shaft on the right you can see two holes where as you can only see one on the shaft next to it. The holes on both shafts are through so one has two and the other has four. lol

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

As I mentioned earlier the OEM four holes have just been revised with a larger diameter spline in the hub making them very easy to tell apart from all angles from the competition.

I think we have 2 hole shafts ( I and Wagoneer brougt our tranny parts from DTT at the end of 2006)

Here is Wagoneer post with pictures

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showpost.php?p=92581&postcount=6

Last Sept is when you did not warranty it. I put another brand input back in it and still have your other shafts in the tranny.

Last Sept is when you did not warranty it. I put another brand input back in it and still have your other shafts in the tranny.

Again I do not remember talking to you or nor even hearing about a broken shaft last Sept. Nobody contacted me.

In my opinion opies shafts are the best, when you see paul b alllover the place running his trucks hard with lots of power and a ton of runs on them, someone must have done somethin right, I have opies shafts in my truck and thats all I will sell. thanks opie for making great products