Billings Montana

So super street is a heads up class and not a index class? So what is the difference between Pro street and super street. I read about the classes, but I'm confused. Looks like maybe just tires and weight?

hey rob glad you are coming out to montana this is a great event.

We made super street class to be more a street legal daily driver class. yes it has weight limits and you must be running dot approved tires.

usually running in the 12s will make you very competitive, and if i remember you can run in the 11's if so you will be at the top of the food chain. good luck on the tool box i think there will be alot of people pushing the tree trying to win that.

see you this weekend:rockwoot:

OK cool, I'll be way over the weight and don't think I can run 11's at the elevation, just wondering whats to stop a pro street, trailered truck from running super street and cleaning our clocks.

Doesn't really matter, ever have anyone run all four classes?

OK cool, I'll be way over the weight and don't think I can run 11's at the elevation, just wondering whats to stop a pro street, trailered truck from running super street and cleaning our clocks.

Doesn't really matter, ever have anyone run all four classes?

it is a possibility but we usually run pro street, super street, pro 2 and then pro 1 and if you are not in the lanes when we call you , then you are disqualified so usually trucks running 2 classes will run 1 heads up class and then one bracket class but as we get down to the finals it will be tough for anyone running 2 classes. it can be done wade did it in maryland he won pro street and pro 1 but he was really hot lapping that truck. looks like we should have a big truck count see you all there

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

I was just joking about running 4 classes.

I've run two classes many times, no worries there. See everyone in a couple days! Looking forward to seeing some friends and meeting new ones.

Just stay out of Pro-2! I hate racing those fast trucks ;)

I'm heading out of town late tonight, after the local bracket races. Gotta get some practice in so I have a decent shot at that toolbox!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

See you all there... We are leaving from Denver in the AM, and should be in mid afternoon... Staying at Holiday Inn on the south side off King Avenue. (by Cummins, imagine that....)

Car tested good Tuesday, but still do not have the "good converter" yet. Not going to set a record, but should have fun.

We are here! The mosquitoes have marker lights. THe track is great, just drive on 3 miles of dirt road and potholes to get there.

Hope to have fun, saw some fun rigs at G&J doing dynos....

Finally summer is here, no rain and is supposed to be 90 today. saw about 20 trucks at the friday night drags and trucks we still pulling in when we left at 8pm.

well off to the track for a full day of diesel drag racing

A great day of drag racing dont know the exact count but i know there was over 45 trucks going down the track with 32 new members we had alot of fun and alot of drag racing.

:clap:A big thanks to Scott and Duffy they tried all day to get the dragster running and they fought it to the end but that is racing somedays things just dont go your way.

Also a big thanks to G & J Diesel i believe this is going to be one of the biggest events on the west coast in a couple of years.

Well off to dinner and :Cheer: and then sled pulling in the morning

Thanks to G & J and NHRDA. Very cool guys and Gals. This is on my calander every year now.

Brad and the crew went out of their way to make sure everything went well.

Layed back, great payouts, great views, and BEER. Worth the 1300 mile round trip.

A great day of drag racing dont know the exact count but i know there was over 45 trucks going down the track with 32 new members we had alot of fun and alot of drag racing.

:clap:A big thanks to Scott and Duffy they tried all day to get the dragster running and they fought it to the end but that is racing somedays things just dont go your way.

Also a big thanks to G & J Diesel i believe this is going to be one of the biggest events on the west coast in a couple of years.

Well off to dinner and :Cheer: and then sled pulling in the morning

Thanks for the nice words. We towed up from Denver, with a wounded motor. Thought we were going to make the show, but hurt it bad Tuesday in Denver. We thrashed all day, but had to throw in the towel...

NHRDA, you guys did a great job on the event, and Brad, the even is getting better each year. THanks for having us.

what kind of times were guys running, any fast fords there, idaho rob, how did you do in elevation. congrats on having a great time everyone, wish i was there

We checked the D/A once and it was 6850' Also had a head wind. I was off .3 to .4 from my normal ET.

What, nobody is talking about results?

I managed to red light by 0.019 in Pro-2 1st round, but I escaped with my points lead intact when Jetta Girl also lost 1st round.

I was also running Brad's Dirtymax truck, as I was the only one around with the appropriate competition license. I packed my firesuit just in case such an opportunity came up. Due to running 2 classes and scrambling to put a new harness in Dirtymax, we missed all but the last qualifying session. Brad told me to just launch it and see how it felt, then coast it down the track. Once we were up at the line, he asked me to do a full blown funny car burnout before my pass to give the crowd a good show (and it was quite fun to oblige him). Unfortunately I puked oil out on the burnout and the pass, but was oblivious to it in the truck. I tried to stay in it enough to run around 12 flat, knowing that #1 qualifier would have a bye run 1st round. I ended up running 12.06!

Back in the pits the crew determined that the front main seal was leaking at high boost &/or rpm. It was a brand new seal, so it may have been bad from the start. Knowing that we had the bye 1st round, I asked Brad if I could go ahead and run with the leaking seal, and just keep the boost & rpms down. He gave the go-ahead, and we ended up in the final against IdahoRob. I was so looking forward to avenging my loss to him at Bakersfield. In the semis I ran a nice "easy" 11.06, so I had Rob covered by at least a second (and the truck was capable of running around 9.0 if I was willing to put oil down on the track). As Rob joked before the final, I brought a gun to a knife fight and he brought a toothpick.

In the final, as soon as I hit the throttle it dropped back to idle. I backed off, then hit it again with no response. After a second it picked up, then backed off to idle again, then responded again. In this time I had coasted to about 200-300', and Rob was nearing half track. Brad had previously warned me that letting the chargers spool anytime but on the launch was asking for trouble, but I went for it anyway. I smoked the tires for a while (it must've looked like a cross between a "Pinks" episode and a 1960's drag race), and started chasing Rob down. One of my thoughts at the moment was "what the heck, we're the last final anyway so it doesn't matter if I put down a little oil". I ran through the traps at 134.80 mph (having only started accelerating at around the 300' mark), and ended up losing by 0.09 seconds at the finish line!

I can say the same thing as I said in losing at Bakersfield, it's not nearly as rough when you lose to someone who is a hell of a nice guy and a class act like Rob is.

Congrats Rob! Now I owe you two!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Thanks Michael, always a pleasure racing with you.

I was singing "Do you believe in miracles" while staging! That goes down in my racing history book as the "biggest challange" yet to date, or maybe luckiest win is a better title.

Congrats to Nathan (IdahoCTD) for winning Super Street in his 2008 LMM (800 miles) Running strong 12.30's @ 110mph. Only had a hand full of passes on it before Saturdays event.

Yep, congratulations, Rob!! I wish you were able to make it out to more of our events! :poke:

Michael ~ congratulations on racing the DirtyMax!! How cool is that??!! It takes a lot of skill to be racing two completely different vehicles in the same day, and best of all, you did really well in the DirtyMax... :clap:

I had a lot of fun at the race... Even though I didn't race well at all, it was great to see some friends, and hang out with everyone. The fans in Montana were great, they were actually excited to see the smoke!

G & J put on a great show both at the dyno event and the race. I'm really looking forward to next year! Thanks, Brad and Tracy!! :clap:

Oh, one more thing... LOL Don't forget that the one perfect reaction time went to a girl... Chantelle!! Girl Power!! Three years in a row now, the first perfect light of the season goes to a girl. :cheer: Don't worry, guys, it was in the Cash Bash, so the prize money is still available. :woohoo:

G & J put on a great show both at the dyno event and the race. I'm really looking forward to next year! Thanks, Brad and Tracy!! :clap:

Oh, one more thing... LOL Don't forget that the one perfect reaction time went to a girl... Chantelle!! Girl Power!! Three years in a row now, the first perfect light of the season goes to a girl. :cheer: Don't worry, guys, it was in the Cash Bash, so the prize money is still available. :woohoo:
I forgot to congratulate Nathan - congrats!

I have to double-thank Brad and Tracy, for putting on a fantastic event and for letting me drive their truck. Especially for letting my continue driving their truck even when it was broken, just so I could have a chance at a win!

As far as Chantelle goes, that light was no fluke either. The locals I talked to said that in Pro bracket, she is the most feared racer at that track.

And the toolbox went to the guy pitted next to me, but I can't recall his name. He normally races a Harley drag bike, and he just built a low-9-second bike for his 16-year-old daughter (she was preparing for her license passes on Friday). He cut a 0.006 light in eliminations, coupled with a 0.003-over dial pass for a 0.009 total package!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

The crew here at G and J would like to thank every one that supported the event. Congrats to the winners and thanks to all our sponsors.

It was a great event, thanks again Brad and all the crew. Thought I was back in Alaska for a bit with all the mosquitoes at the track. Nathan was still scratching his bites when I left Boise on Wedsday. We'll be back next summer. Subman. :thankyou2:

It was a great time. I wanted to thank Brad and the crew at G and J for letting us use their shop to try to get our truck pieced back together for the drags... thanks again for the great event and hospitality and we look forward to the event next year.

:bow:*nx*