Budget 6.70 drag truck build!!

I also am almost certain I lost the head gasket aswell. There’s gasket material between a few of the exhaust ports that looks like it was blown out. Will know for sure tonight. I’ve read one guy had a similar problem and had blew all 6 cylinders out of the head gasket. Very uncommon but gonna see what it looks like anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upon tear down I can’t find anything the head gasket looked fine there was alittle oil on piston 5 and the injector had some oil on the nozzle. But the pistons are fine cylinders still look like they did when I honed them. All the valves appear to be fine by eye I’m really not sure what’s going on. Piston to wall is still 14-16 between the 6 cylinders. Only thing I can think of is there were a couple headstuds that were noticeably looser then the others. I did one hot retorque but was never sure if I had it hot enough. I don’t really have a for sure answer

Upon tear down I can’t find anything the head gasket looked fine there was alittle oil on piston 5 and the injector had some oil on the nozzle. But the pistons are fine cylinders still look like they did when I honed them. All the valves appear to be fine by eye I’m really not sure what’s going on. Piston to wall is still 14-16 between the 6 cylinders. Only thing I can think of is there were a couple headstuds that were noticeably looser then the others. I did one hot retorque but was never sure if I had it hot enough. I don’t really have a for sure answer

0.014"-0.016" is extremely loose ptw..

0.014"-0.016" is extremely loose ptw..

That’s also where they were when I built it. they hadn’t move any. And the rings weren’t collapsed to the piston either. Having the head checked tomorrow then other then that Jason wants me to check a few things and I’ll go from there

Found out what happened to the truck with the help of Jason and a few others. Ended up getting extremely lucky. I pulled all 6 intake valve keepers through the retainers. And therefore it was holding the valves open not letting it have compression. Here’s a pic you can see how high the intake valve springs are compared to the exhaust
134e9f07560273f07df6bc1c77813072.jpg

And also a pic of one of the retainers 7 cracks that I can see
0945a8f685a3d0c94bea4970c47448ae.jpg

Glad you dodged that bullet man. Throw some good springs and retainers/keepers and you're ready to rock again!

Glad you dodged that bullet man. Throw some good springs and retainers/keepers and you're ready to rock again!

Set of Hamilton’s on the way now. Should be here no later then tomorrow

I’ve pulled completely stock engines apart with the keepers cracking and pulling through. Hard pass on stock stuff, especially anything high powered or high rpm

That is a first for me as well. Im just surprised that all the intake valve retainers did that. Glad it wasn't something super expensive so you can get this thing back on the road quickly!

I’ve pulled completely stock engines apart with the keepers cracking and pulling through. Hard pass on stock stuff, especially anything high powered or high rpm

Yea I thought they would live for alitte whole atleast but I guess not. Hamilton’s springs and all on the way.

That is a first for me as well. Im just surprised that all the intake valve retainers did that. Glad it wasn't something super expensive so you can get this thing back on the road quickly!

Yea should be making more passes Friday I hope. Gonna try to have everything else wrapped up while I wait on the springs and retainers

Truck woudl free rev to 5600 or maybe even alitte higher. So I’d say when I missed 3rd really put a beating on them.

Back