Budget Beater!

Almost race ready!

ynuju8en.jpg

uvuda8e6.jpg

Had some good engine break in passes in Woodburn this weekend and met some great people! My buddy convinced me to run it with the least amount of fuel possible until I get at least 100 miles on her. I gave in and slid the plate all the way back. First pass I ran a 11.87 @ 116 with a soft launch and easy throttle until about 1/2 track where I put my foot into it. Truck runs clean the whole way down the track which I figured it would with the pump limited to about 350cc. Next two passes I made the trans wouldn't shift into 4th and I ran a pair of 12.2xs at around 94mph having to lift before the end of the track. Stupid OD button is getting converted to a switch. Overall I had a great time meeting and talking to people and was pleased with the few passes I made.

udadaqym.jpg

ba6ubyme.jpg

u7ajyqa6.jpg

4umeta3y.jpg

Great pic of the suspension travel that thing transfers weight good considering the suspension. Awesome truck btw!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

It transferred a lot better than expected but don't go off the stance in the pictures. Right now is sits about an inch higher in the front. The picture with the ATP truck in it is the only actual launch pic where you can see a little bit of tire wrinkle.

Bada$$ man. Your tuck has 10's easy, if you ask me. What kind of rpm's is it turning before shifts

Well after I turned up the fuel on the pump this turbo proves to be a little too small for my setup. BD is sending a billet S480 with 87/81 turbine and 1.0 housing that will hopefully bring my drive pressure down and clean up the smoke. Pretty excited to see how it does at the track. Ill have pictures when the big girl arrives!

Well after I turned up the fuel on the pump this turbo proves to be a little too small for my setup. BD is sending a billet S480 with 87/81 turbine and 1.0 housing that will hopefully bring my drive pressure down and clean up the smoke. Pretty excited to see how it does at the track. Ill have pictures when the big girl arrives!

I went pretty fast with that turbo, you will be pleased.

Should be able to get to the track next weekend for some passes with it! Street tuning will start in a few days though! Hopefully this will be good enough for 10s.

The time has come! BD Billet S482 87/81 turbine with 1.0 housing. Get some!
e5uqy7er.jpg

e7a7y2y2.jpg

Well the 82 didn't work out so well. Wouldn't build more than 15 psi at the line and would start to surge. Thinking the exhaust wheel is just too small for the compressor side. Went back to the 75 mm but with a 87/81 turbine wheel and 1.0 housing and the truck loves it. Spools awesome and flat out gets with it. Ran a new best time of 11.56 @ 117 with a 11.58 @ 116 the run before it. 60 ft times are what really surprised me. I ran all these passes with only 3 gears because it wouldn't shift into 4th so I ran out 3rd. Truck definitely has more in it as it would nose over after the 1000 ft mark.

Time slips!

eqenarah.jpg

Last edited:
Those are great 60's out of a 2wd!!

Your 1/8mile times and mph are very similar to mine, but your 60 is a tad better then mine. I'm actually surprised you ran that good on the top end without OD.

I was launching at 20 psi not sure what rpm. The 5k gsk helps 3rd gear run out a little longer. I'm more stoked about the 60 ft times than anything else.

I can't remember, but what do you have in the rear? I have 2 leafs and caltracs, and its hard for me to get consistent 1.7X's

Well the 82 didn't work out so well. Wouldn't build more than 15 psi at the line and would start to surge. Thinking the exhaust wheel is just too small for the compressor side. Went back to the 75 mm but with a 87/81 turbine wheel and 1.0 housing and the truck loves it. Spools awesome and flat out gets with it. Ran a new best time of 11.56 @ 117 with a 11.58 @ 116 the run before it. 60 ft times are what really surprised me. I ran all these passes with only 3 gears because it wouldn't shift into 4th so I ran out 3rd. Truck definitely has more in it as it would nose over after the 1000 ft mark.

Time slips!

eqenarah.jpg

Son of a *****. Same problem I am having with my 82/87. Thought it might be my spool flange. Looks like if my larger turbine wheel does not make it I gotta change turbos for these two races coming.

Nice running truck! Great 60 and ET!

I would like to borrow your 60ft times for my 89 please....thank you. LOL

Back