Budget Beater!

Yeah I couldn't believe the 60 fts were that good especially with what's done to the rear suspension. Spring under with an add a leaf and a pair of worn out shocks. No traction bars yet and stock rear end.

My converter also doesn't lock until I'm in 3rd gear. Going to play with the valve body to get it to lock up right when I launch and then get it to shift into 4th gear and shoot for 10's!

There is a thread floating around where I JB welded a passage and gained second gear lockup. And if you are going crazy I suggest first gear lockup and a 1 second delay on a full throttle lockup switch. If you can get it to hook that would drop you're 60 substantially. Or break some reared parts LOL

Boy it sounds like if the trans was lined out that would be a force to be reckoned with. It is already a dang good runnin truck.

should be able to throw a lock up switch in and it will lock soon as it hits second. it will break parts if you try to leave the line by locking the converter. been there done that with allot less power.

Has a lock up switch but Dave at Ultimate Transmission set the valvebody up to lock in 3rd.

Much more better!

y6e8ygy6.jpg

I'm jealous of that tach. I can't even use my factory one- my RAD box kills tach signal, so most of us VP guys go by sound. I need to hook up a tach tho.

Thanks guys ill keep you posted. No, I couldn't make it to Industrial so im racing at the local track tonight in Spokane, WA.

Ran an s480 tonight with a fixed 4th gear fixed. Ran an 11.44 @ 121 mph spinning hard. Once the turbo had heat in it the tolerances were too tight and the compressor wheel was hitting the housing pretty bad but decided to make a pass anyway. Switching back to the 75 for a dyno tomorrow and probably still be running it in Billings next weekend while I wait on the 80 to get fixed.