Budget Beater!

Are you going to brace the A pillar bars? Those tubes are near worthless with those unsupported bends in them.

Build looks clean otherwise.

A-pillars or C-pillars? The bent kickers going to the frame will have to be triangulated as well (no hate, btw)

A-pillars or C-pillars? The bent kickers going to the frame will have to be triangulated as well (no hate, btw)

Are you going to brace the A pillar bars? Those tubes are near worthless with those unsupported bends in them.

Build looks clean otherwise.

I assume we are all talking about the driver dash bar that goes from the front of the halo to the frame. I've seen a few other setups with multiple bends like mine and can't seem to find a specific NHRA rule that gives a spec on the design of the dash bars. The one S&W sent had two bends in it and didn't even come close to fitting so we made one that would. If someone can find the official specs for the dash bars that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume we are all talking about the driver dash bar that goes from the front of the halo to the frame. I've seen a few other setups with multiple bends like mine and can't seem to find a specific NHRA rule that gives a spec on the design of the dash bars. The one S&W sent had two bends in it and didn't even come close to fitting so we made one that would. If someone can find the official specs for the dash bars that would be great.

I don't know anything about NHRA rules and I'm not bashing anything, hope it doesn't come across that way.

The A pillar bars looks very well done. My concern is heaven forbid the roll cage actually gets used-that bar is going to fold very very quickly. For piece of mind you should really triangulate that even if it does make it more difficult to get in and out.

I don't know anything about NHRA rules and I'm not bashing anything, hope it doesn't come across that way.

The A pillar bars looks very well done. My concern is heaven forbid the roll cage actually gets used-that bar is going to fold very very quickly. For piece of mind you should really triangulate that even if it does make it more difficult to get in and out.

Im not offended at all so no worries bud! Im more curious as to if there is an actual rule for this so I dont have any issues going through tech. I do see the concern about the backwards bend not offering much support and may have to look into redesigning it. It just looks so good but yes safety is definitely #1. Any ideas on a good way to support this driver dash bar that will still allow me to enter the truck easily and offer a good brace?

I follow the inside of the A pillar and go through the dash. That way there are minimum bends and it's completely out of the way.

the cages i have seen to this degree go through the dash and some even have a cross bar that goes from end to end along the front by the window.

The key things to remember is a bend is the first place a tube will fail and a triangle is the strongest design from any angle.

I was actually referring to the down tubes going from back of the cab to the frame - same principle applies from Whitneyj's post #508

I was actually referring to the down tubes going from back of the cab to the frame - same principle applies from Whitneyj's post #508

x2 i saw that and wondered why you would put a bend there?? Besides looks. My only real cage experience is with off road stuff and you normally wouldnt want to put bends there if your going for maximum strength.

Getting closer!

e6eze2e4.jpg

quvu8yzy.jpg

tu5yru5e.jpg

eru6a3y8.jpg

bajumu2u.jpg

I actually didn't see that....

Everything looks well made, but I have to tell you that you're going to need to at least brace those bars too. The cage as you have it now will fold very easily. The C pillar looks fine, but the A pillars and bars from the C pillar to frame have very little structural intengrity.

I build almost entirely off-road vehicles and crawlers, and even though crawlers go between 2-5 mph our cages are radically overbulit because in the event of a rollover with a 4500 lb rig, that cage still gets tweeked. You're going 100+ mph so the integrity of your cage is that much more important. Like we've all said, everything looks well made, but I really pray you have a plan to support those tubes.

Chassis cleaned and painted.

subuta6u.jpg

u3emuna2.jpg

Been a while since I visited this thread, looks great man! I'm impressed! Didn't realize you were from up here in the PNW

holy chit, this thing is nasty! wish I could get my 4x4 to sit that low...

Any thought of dropping weight in the front? Fiberglass fenders, hood, and bumper?

Also, I didn't see it anywhere in the thread, but do you have any mods the rear axle, locker, spool, lincoln locker? Or just a factory lsd??

Last edited:
holy chit, this thing is nasty! wish I could get my 4x4 to sit that low...

Any thought of dropping weight in the front? Fiberglass fenders, hood, and bumper?

Also, I didn't see it anywhere in the thread, but do you have any mods the rear axle, locker, spool, lincoln locker? Or just a factory lsd??

It's getting a fiberglass front bumper and hood one day I'm sure. Factory LSD in the rear.