Budget Beater!

oh i forgot all about the spring under, i wouldn't change it either. You will be dominating your class is my bet!

Yep you got it! I re read my explanation and it was a little hard to follow sorry about that. With 2 leafs and Caltracs my best 60 ft was 1.87 because it would unload the suspension and spin the tires down the track. By going to a spring under full leaf pack and 2" add a leaf and no Caltracs my best 60ft was a 1.60 and I averaged right around there too. Night and day difference.

No worries. This is interesting. I am going to try this setup. Mainly due to the fact that when I bought the truck from my grandma quite awhile back, Ironically he had a 2" add a leaf put on the truck. Maybe its just a 2wd thing? :hehe:

You can get the same affect as to fast of rebound, if you run too low of tire pressure on a slick as well. Too much tire wrinkle will cause the tire to have a sped up inertia effect. As the tires un-roll they un-load all at once, and will blow the tires off the vehicle as well.

Sounds good man. Let me know how it works for your setup as well. We may be on to something here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the Budget Beater on a superflow dyno this weekend and put down some awesome numbers with it finally. Put down 709hp on my fuel only run and 840hp on spray!

Reflecting back in this thread you achieved these numbers on a stock headgasket, stock headbolts and completely stock motor. Seems like most others I read about blow the hg long before this point. I have been worrying about high timing with nitrous on my 160 pumped budget beater but your truck did really well with it till the valve seat failed. I don't want to blow imine up before I have a little bit of fun with it, seeing results like yours and big blue give me confidence in the stock engine.

I'm going to push mine as hard as it will go. I tried torqueing the head bolts and the first one I tried started twisting the second I turned it. As hard as I've pushed mine so far it has been great. A shot of nitrous at Dex's might change that though. :snoop: A well seated 295k stock head gasket.

Reflecting back in this thread you achieved these numbers on a stock headgasket, stock headbolts and completely stock motor. Seems like most others I read about blow the hg long before this point. I have been worrying about high timing with nitrous on my 160 pumped budget beater but your truck did really well with it till the valve seat failed. I don't want to blow imine up before I have a little bit of fun with it, seeing results like yours and big blue give me confidence in the stock engine.

You can add me to that list, I ran 26* timing, a 100shot of nitrous and 65# of boost for a while and had zero issues with my stock head gasket.

Man march 12th is when RMR reopens... I'm getting the itch big time!

Its all about turbine set-up, and manifold. The lower you drop the cylinder pressure the less likely to pop the HG.

Little update! Sh!t just got real!

yseqe8e5.jpg

uva4evy6.jpg

ahu6apem.jpg

e4ehu3ar.jpg

Jason at Hollands Performance did the welding and fab work. Told him what I wanted and he made it happen! Amazing work!

I'm jealous, those are gorgeous looking welds!

It's a BD stainless manifold. Wastegate y-pipe was fabricated.

Cage getting tacked in place

uzuhese7.jpg

ny5ana8u.jpg