Budget Beater!

Don't like the angles of the rear bars once we held up the bed sides so those are getting re done.

evy5ybyd.jpg

za4ubejy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44mm or 45mm gate will be used.

Don't like the angles of the rear bars once we held up the bed sides so those are getting re done.

evy5ybyd.jpg

za4ubejy.jpg

what's wrong with the angle? that's what, nearly 45deg?

Is that a full cage? If so, pics of dash bar?

Yeah it's exactly 45*. Looks good with no bed sides but when we held one up there it looked like I rode the short bus. I should have pics tonight of new ones. Once we bend the dash bars I'll post pics.

Yeah it's exactly 45*. Looks good with no bed sides but when we held one up there it looked like I rode the short bus. I should have pics tonight of new ones. Once we bend the dash bars I'll post pics.

I would gander that with a standard non-trussed design, 45degree is the strongest arrangement. (just discussing, btw)

Is that an S&W?

I would gander that with a standard non-trussed design, 45degree is the strongest arrangement. (just discussing, btw)

Is that an S&W?

Yes I agree that a 45* angle would be the strongest as well but I dont think ill be sacrificing much strength to make it look 100 times better.

Yes kit was from S&W. The dash bars they sent have a weird bend so we are making new ones to fit tighter.

Looks good ! I like how it still has a radio in it, I'm assuming its still there because its still functional ? :hehe:

Looks good ! I like how it still has a radio in it, I'm assuming its still there because its still functional ? :hehe:

Yep stereo still works great with the factory speakers. Gotta have my tunes in the staging lanes!

Bed sides complete! We made them so that you only have to remove 4 bolts and the bed sides can be removed with their frames intact.

babe5u7u.jpg

my7ygyhu.jpg

ydu5ybe4.jpg

Looks awesome, man! Are you going to lighten up the front end as much as possible? inner fenders, bumper, fiberglass hood, etc.

Are you going to brace the A pillar bars? Those tubes are near worthless with those unsupported bends in them.

Build looks clean otherwise.