Cam choices

Anybody here Actually ever did a cam install with vertually No other mod changes from what you already had, and went " HOLY CHIT! That's an awesome mod"??? Spool up , Power, or both ?

With No bias toward / against the maker??

Also looking for views on Bigger cams that require vavle pockets..

I'm in the process of working out a time to install a cam in my truck up at Fletcher's. There will be no other changes at the time of the install and I would be happy to post my results. Its in an effort to wake up 66 charger

I'm in the process of working out a time to install a cam in my truck up at Fletcher's. There will be no other changes at the time of the install and I would be happy to post my results. Its in an effort to wake up 66 charger

Let me know when you're able to work that out. I need to run up there again..

I put a Hamilton cam in mine with no other changes. Didn't get to do any dyno before and after, but it was beyond what I'd ever dream a drop in cam would do. Mid and top end is awesome now, not to mention the spool up and exhaust temp reduction. Take it for what its worth but it made my SB66 spool almost like my old Phat Shaft 62. I also tried a Super Phat Shaft 62 after the install and it spooled very close to how my old Aurora 2000 did. I could not be more impressed. I just put down 608 hp & 1103 lb/ft saturday on Dave Dunbar's dyno with my original 150k mile SO VP. Needless to say, I am very happy with my cam and how it made the truck run. Just my $.02.

Let me know when you're able to work that out. I need to run up there again..

Its a bit challenging to plan since he works at his real job 5-6 days a week but I'll let you know. Should be a fair sized job but well worth it.

I put a Hamilton cam in mine with no other changes. Didn't get to do any dyno before and after, but it was beyond what I'd ever dream a drop in cam would do. Mid and top end is awesome now, not to mention the spool up and exhaust temp reduction. Take it for what its worth but it made my SB66 spool almost like my old Phat Shaft 62. I also tried a Super Phat Shaft 62 after the install and it spooled very close to how my old Aurora 2000 did. I could not be more impressed. I just put down 608 hp & 1103 lb/ft saturday on Dave Dunbar's dyno with my original 150k mile SO VP. Needless to say, I am very happy with my cam and how it made the truck run. Just my $.02.

I used Colt cam stage2 with no other mods and got same result...but have not dynoed just by seat of the pants..only thing not mentioned was really smoothed engine out at idle...

Anybody here Actually ever did a cam install with vertually No other mod changes from what you already had, and went " HOLY CHIT! That's an awesome mod"??? Spool up , Power, or both ?

With No bias toward / against the maker??

Also looking for views on Bigger cams that require vavle pockets..

I did that kinda swap and the instant I pulled on to the road from the house the difference was noticeable. Response and spool up. Them I got to make a 150-200 mile trip home. It was a noticeable increase. Can't say I gained power cause, well lets face it, its me LOL.

Did I do it without bias? No. I knew zachs cams worked after seeing friends run one and after a couple years of research I knew what to expect.

I did that kinda swap and the instant I pulled on to the road from the house the difference was noticeable. Response and spool up. Them I got to make a 150-200 mile trip home. It was a noticeable increase. Can't say I gained power cause, well lets face it, its me LOL.

Did I do it without bias? No. I knew zachs cams worked after seeing friends run one and after a couple years of research I knew what to expect.

LOL Yeah lets face, It IS you here!! LOL

No really, I remember your right up about it...That's kewl....As for over all more power, thats not really what I want from a cam...The Spool up, usable power, less smoke, and cooler running is more to my liking!

Glad your happy! I've heard other are happy with Ham's as well...

Back