can a CON O pull?

mattymx

SoCAPS Officer
I have a SBC CON O clutch in my 96 PSD. As it sits right now I am under 300RWHP until I do my injectors. I was going to pull at AV, but I just dont want to kill the clutch because I heard someone say not to pull with a CON O. From what I have heard, 4WD Low and launch in 3rd gear seems to be what my truck would require. Any tips? Thanks.

Dont even try it. You will fry that clutch. That clutch is really not a whole lot over stock.

Same as Dodgentwo said. I would NEVER pull with ANY single disk clutch.

If you plan to pull, get a dual disc and upgrade your input shaft. Like smokey said I wouldnt pull with any single disc. Period

its a ford guys, a full ceramic single disc is over kill for his application. a dual disc is way over kill especially since he doesnt seem to be wanting to build a full time puller outta it. you CAN pull with it but ur more than likely gonna hurt it alot. iv taught ppl how to pull a stock single and not kill it so it can be done.

its a ford guys, a full ceramic single disc is over kill for his application. a dual disc is way over kill especially since he doesnt seem to be wanting to build a full time puller outta it. you CAN pull with it but ur more than likely gonna hurt it alot. iv taught ppl how to pull a stock single and not kill it so it can be done.

Well that answers that... Bummer. I want to start pulling. Maybe I can borrow the wifes EX...

But I would like to know how not to kill it if I want to pull. Thanks.

I dont care what the application is. A single disc is not a pulling clutch. MAYBE you can make a pull or two on it, but you will not compete with the guys running dual. The single will be slipping and losing power the entire time. Now IF you do pull it, DO NOT SLIP IT. I would pull in like 2 high and just rev it up and dump the clutch. Thats about the only way its gonna live at all

I dont care what the application is. A single disc is not a pulling clutch. MAYBE you can make a pull or two on it, but you will not compete with the guys running dual. The single will be slipping and losing power the entire time. Now IF you do pull it, DO NOT SLIP IT. I would pull in like 2 high and just rev it up and dump the clutch. Thats about the only way its gonna live at all

Agreed. Get a DUAL DISK!!! It maybe more than you need, but you can pull with it and then later when you add more power (cuz you know you will) you'll be glad you have it. If you are going to do any pulling, you NEED a dual disk...it's not over kill!

You CAN pull with that clutch. The best thing to do would be to run 3rd low. Bring the RPM's up to about 1800, then come out on the clutch and give it fuel all at the same time as quickly as possible. The more you have to slip it, the harder its gonna be on it. The trick to pulling with a single disc is launching it. Once it hooks up, with the amount of power you have, it should be fine, but you cant fry i out of the hole by trying to launch at 3500rpm.

Eric

Yeah dual disc is necessary got a little over 40+ hooks on my Haisley and has been adjusted once hopefully I can adjust it one more time since I burnt it up tonight but still holds on the street. Maybe get another 20 hooks out of it that would be nice.

i have a sbc con fe 550 clutch, and with the 33 inch tires and 3.73 gears iv been pulling in 4low 2nd, dont see the wheel speed but you wont fry the clutch, iv pulled in 3rd twice, one time she slipped a little one time she didnt.

Got 4 pulls on my OFE while Im waiting on my Iron Gaint. It has auctually held up quite nice considering the power my engine is puting out. but I run in 4 low 3rd or 2nd. You wont see the wheel speed and dont even think about placing, its not going to happen with that clutch. Just put it in a low gear, dont ride the clutch at all, and Have fun! I would say you might be lucky and get 2 pulls out of the clutch. But save up a get a DD and then you wont have to worry about this any more!

A DD or going to have to be it. I am going to go with hybrids or B-codes in the near future and those alone will eat my CON O. What are some good DD's that are around?

HAISLEY! Nothing better my clutch has had 40 hooks just when it starts slipping take it out adjust then your good to go.

Might as well pull it a few times to finish off that clutch. Why fix it if it isn't broken? Now if you need to drive it home, maybe let out if it slips, but if you live close or have a trailer and buddy, might as well push it to the limit.

Back