Can someone answer this?

So 32 lpm nozzles are too big for 225cc injectors...

What makes you think Brian is asking the questions? (Or getting me to ask the questions?)

This thread is about twins, and why...ok, I'll say it...YOU have to spray your truck with not 1, not 2, but 3 stages of nitrous... (Proper sized turbo's?? I don't think so)

That's right...my truck does run good, and then it doesn't....BECAUSE I'm trying different things...trying to get it perfect for EVERYTHING.

If I never had to pull a trailer, this turbo set-up is perfect for street, strip, and highway. (Can you imagine what it would run if I did spray it???)

I would be more than willing to try a 62/70, or a 62/80...I just don't have the money for it.
Why don't you ever post videos of the trucks you put them on??? You sure talk alot about them, but we have yet to see a first morning start, or a pass time slip from one...

Back on topic-

Nitrous is a bandaid for poor air supply....so why do we have to spray a twin turbo set-up?

Holy Jeebus. 3 stages of nitrous? Why is there 2 turbos and 3 stages of nitrous?

Why is it that even with a set of twins, do you STILL have to spray the engine with nitrous?

I thought that with a proper set of twin turbos, there should be no reason for nitrous at all.

I see a couple of trucks out there with twins, but they still have to run nitrous to clean up the smoke...:what:

If twins are the best...why do you still have to "bandaid" the problem of not having enough air???*bdh*

with a properly balanced system , you don't HAVE to run nitrous. the reason people run nitrous is so that they can go with a larger set of injectors and be able to use all of that fuel.. change the tune and turn down the injectors for daily driving, and let the turbos do their job of cleaning up the fuel. but when you need more power, just turn up the sticks with programming and throw some spray on there..

even with compounds your truck is going to be set up for daily driving, or drag racing, but not necessarily both if you going to extremes so it's more beneficial and economical to set up your turbos for where you will be doing most of your driving (on the street) and then add some spray for those occassions where you wanna hit the track.

with a properly balanced system , you don't HAVE to run nitrous. the reason people run nitrous is so that they can go with a larger set of injectors and be able to use all of that fuel.. change the tune and turn down the injectors for daily driving, and let the turbos do their job of cleaning up the fuel. but when you need more power, just turn up the sticks with programming and throw some spray on there..

even with compounds your truck is going to be set up for daily driving, or drag racing, but not necessarily both if you going to extremes so it's more beneficial and economical to set up your turbos for where you will be doing most of your driving (on the street) and then add some spray for those occassions where you wanna hit the track.

If one turbo is good for say 400hp. Like oh the stock one. And another turbo is good for say oh 700 hp. Or maybe even more. Putting them together wouldn't get you into the neighborhood of not needing 3 stages of nitrous? Like the same 3 stages of nitrous like someone else is using to go just a few .1s slower?

just buy a cummins...LOL, sorry guys, couldn't help it!

Trust me...at this point...I am lookin....

But then I'm back to the "No diesel performance shop around here" problem.

Most of you guys have a shop within a hour or 2...closest for me is in Edmonton. 5-6 hours away...:bang

So its only 2. Ivan had said it was 3. Nate is running big spray over his 62/80.

I guess he missed my post.

So Shawn...you have 3 stages, but only use 2...right? (As in, asking a question, not as in "riiiiiiiight...only using 2"...)

Last edited:
doug who do you keep refering too, i only use two stages

maybe this is why:

I have my own NOS kit. I was using two small solenoids 1/8 pipe in and 1/8 pipe out one with a .88 jet and one with a .105 jet. I just upgraded my small solenoids for bigger ones. 1/4 in and 1/8 out. One is on a boost activation switch at 40psi and the other stage on a button. I'm using one of the small solenoids for a third shot. I have a .78 jet in it. If I don't jet the time I want I'll pull all the jets out. LOL. And hopefully she don't blow. That NX kits looks really nice. Progressive wouldn't be such a shock to the drive line.

Thank you Adam.:thankyou2:

I didn't think I dreamt it up...but...you never know.:hehe:

BTW: did you get my PM, or E-mail?

Small solenoids have orrifices of .72 for NOS. 1/8 line might flow .125 but the solenoid only flows .72. Going to the larger bodies. The "Cheater" is .090 if I remember correctly. And then the Pro shot and the super proshot. Moral of the story check the orrifice size before wondering why a bigger jet doesn't help. Deppending on the length of line from the solenoid to the nozzle it will affect how hard the shot hits. Tunable delays. A 4an feed line is .125 a 6an feed line is .375.

But wow. .88, .105, and .78.

only used two, have a third on the truck, but haven't run with the third spraying, tell you what when you guys catch me then you can tell me what works and doesn't work. last i checked i still tow and use my truck as a daily driver, you guys have no idea what size of turbo's i'd have to run in order to clean the hypermax injectors. they wouldn't be nice to drive everyday, it would spool like ivans truck, and for nate, doug at least nate has posted video of his 11's run, you've always been alot of talk, and nothings changed, i towed a 14 000lbs trailer 28 hours to diesel power event, unhooked and ran a 11.67@118, i honestly don't care what you guys thing, i don't care if i had to use 5 shots todo what i'm doin, i love my truck and thats all that matters to me

only used two, have a third on the truck, but haven't run with the third spraying, tell you what when you guys catch me then you can tell me what works and doesn't work. last i checked i still tow and use my truck as a daily driver, you guys have no idea what size of turbo's i'd have to run in order to clean the hypermax injectors. they wouldn't be nice to drive everyday, it would spool like ivans truck, and for nate, doug at least nate has posted video of his 11's run, you've always been alot of talk, and nothings changed, i towed a 14 000lbs trailer 28 hours to diesel power event, unhooked and ran a 11.67@118, i honestly don't care what you guys thing, i don't care if i had to use 5 shots todo what i'm doin, i love my truck and thats all that matters to me

And I'll start the project now. It has been well over 2 years since you started this quest. I figured I would get at you for comenting on getting my motor to run in the short belt thread. Are you going to give me a hard time if I do it with the regular cab truck? Or am I going to have to buy a 4x4 like yours? This daily driver you mention. Please come hook to my 40ft gooseneck. We can load it just like my last weight slip the job required. Truck and trailer 36,960lbs. The 07 dually currently has 66,000 miles and has never had the cap off of the degas bottle Has all 8 original injectors, turbo, gaskets, and has had 6 oil changes and fuel filter changes. It runs an SCT, 304 stainless duals and an AirAid filter. If you would like to discuss said come and catch me. Please forward your contact information. Weight slip is available for you.

doug i'm not out to beat anyone, only myself, thats why i really don't care how i get down the track, i know my truck works and i've never had to defend it and i'm not about to start, i'll tell you what i keep saying, if you and when you guys pass me, i'll be happy for ya, cause everytime we put a 6 leaker lower in the 11's and the more trucks hit 11's the fords are getting more respect, thats whats important. look when zane hit 10's, people started putting more faith in the fords, pay for my fuel and i'll come to the nhrda event in florida, after firstonraceday beats me, we'll get drunk and tell lies

:clap:

Back