can too much fuel make a turbo not light

kmkdiesel

just got done putting a hse 63/17 on and 370 injectors, I also made a zero plate and have it in, it pops alot sometimes when I pin it and it only will free rev to 3500 and no farther and takes a sec to get there, I also have a fuel leak on the number 6 injector return and i think the little bolt is stripped out a bit, I am still at stock timing it is going to 20* tomorrow, I am also hooking up a boost guage tomorrow to see what it is boosting at here is a vid of it any ideas thanks.

it's popping because of low timing, I'm sure that turbo is pretty doggy, and yes, too much fuel will reduce heat and the turbo needs heat to drive it

ok got my boost guage hooked up and 10 psi is the max I have seen I did here a little pop before, and faint air release noise so I am thinking I popped an intercooler boot, I will pressure up the system tomorrow while the timing is getting advanced, I think once I get it doing about 45 psi or so it should clean up most the smoke but its getting plenty fuel for sure.

does south bend pay you to run those stickers?

no they dont, I sent my clutch in(g56) to get swapped to nv4500 and they screwed up and rebuild the g56 instead of swapping it over so when they did swap it over I ended up getting a new clutch at no charge, so the least I could do is run there stickers, there is going to be alot more put on it from my other sponsors I just have only gotten the south bend ones.

Just curious where you came up with that 63/17 turbo nic? Definately a weird size.

got it from danial from soda, and he got it from justin, not sure where it came from before that, danial was going to trade his truck in so I swapped him turbos for free so it didnt cost me anything

Holy crap. My 11 holes, smarty, and tst comp on a 62/65/12 didn't smoke like that.

63/17 is probably an HX50, or many people call the scwitzer 241 housing a 17.

I thought it was a garrett charger? Could be wrong though. Hey Matt congrats on the new 1/4 times.

63/17 is probably an HX50, or many people call the scwitzer 241 housing a 17.

all I know is its a h2e 63/17 I havent measured it yet so you probably know more about it then I do, I dont pass up free things lol

I think it needs a 2.8" on it :charger:

maybe after he puts the boot back on the intercooler and tunes the afc it will make more than 10 pounds of schiznit

if not in his driveway the street cant be tooooo far away

maybe after he puts the boot back on the intercooler and tunes the afc it will make more than 10 pounds of schiznit

if not in his driveway the street cant be tooooo far away

checked it and the none of the boots seem to be blown off I will shoot some air at tomorrow to see where its all going, i really think it will clean up most the smoke when the turbo is making full boost.