can too much fuel make a turbo not light

I think one of the reasons its so laggy is because of the 17 I have on it alot of people say the 14 is real laggy now the timing is at 21.5 it pulls like a mother just raced a auto 07 common rail with smarty tnt and other mods from a dead stop and missed a gear and still caught back up to him, if I wouldnt have missed the gear I would have stomped him.

Yeah i just bought the truck so havent looked into it too much yet, but ill look and see if it has a boost elbow, if not im sure you are right and that it has a boost leak. If it has a boost leak how is the best way to find where it is coming from? The truck is very doggish threw all the gears but once im doing like 65 in OD and mash on it it pulls pretty strong but still wont climb above 15psi.

well I cut the fuel back alot and it still lights at the same rpms so I dont think its getting to much fuel right now, I do still have a little boost leak but I ordered a new set of boots and clamps to put on it and see how it does then, I just think the housing is to big being a 17

The 17cm isn't helping anything, but thats not big enough to make it spool that slow IMO. My twins have 18cm and 32cm and spool faster than that!

I think one of the reasons its so laggy is because of the 17 I have on it alot of people say the 14 is real laggy now the timing is at 21.5 it pulls like a mother just raced a auto 07 common rail with smarty tnt and other mods from a dead stop and missed a gear and still caught back up to him, if I wouldnt have missed the gear I would have stomped him.
if you can find a 14. try it. They really arent as bad as people think.

You got plenty of fuel, I think you got a boost leak somewhere and what altitude are you at in Idaho? You need to tune the afc and plate just like everybody else is saying.

You got plenty of fuel, I think you got a boost leak somewhere and what altitude are you at in Idaho? You need to tune the afc and plate just like everybody else is saying.

i have been told plate adjustment wont affect pre boost fooling because it dont touch the plate tell like 8 psi or so is that right, i ordered a set of bd ic boots to put on, so i dont have to worry about the stock ones, i have done alittle tuning on it but my brakes just went out so i got to fix those first. on of the boots did have alittle hole from the fender rubbing on it, what boost do you guys think this turbo should put out its non waste gated. about 5000 feet i think

5000' in right conditions can produce 9000' of air

the lever does not touch the plate til it overrides the spring. depends which spring and where the starwheel is. there is also a screw on the back to adj your starting point

5000' in right conditions can produce 9000' of air

the lever does not touch the plate til it overrides the spring. depends which spring and where the starwheel is. there is also a screw on the back to adj your starting point

What he said. I'm in the mile high city and trust me thin air and bigger chargers suck!!

My problem all along was a boost leak, fixed it last night and wow what a difference. Went from 15 psi to 45 psi, can actually drive the truck now without smoking everybody out. Thanks guys!