Cant figure why my truck wont start. Out of ideas Please help!

jjrightmire1973

My truck is a 2003 2500 HO I removed the smarty, the injectors are new and I alos put a new injector pump on the truck. I have 17 PSI to the injector pump also from the air dog 150.I thought is was the arson FCA so I switched it back with the stock one and it started but now the truck wont start. Before I replaced all the parts I had 900 PSI on startup. The rail has alos been capped. I really cant thing of what else it could be? Please help it seems I just can find why is wont start. Alos I know I am not suppost to but it will start on starting fluid.

Could be a coincidental AFC again. Replace it with a new stocker or another arson afc. If it goes out again it could be a bad electrical connection, or some how some trash between the filter housing and the CP3 causing them to go bad. It may seem like alot of work, but I would remove the filter housing and the lines to the CP3 and give everything a good cleaning, then install a new AFC.

Well just went out and it started without unplugging the fca so I let it run for a min then turned it off and it wont restart so I unplugged the FCA and it wont start it just spins over

is it building rail pressure at startup?

connector tubes damaged/not torqued properly?

I had similar problem, would start sometimes but turned over forever. It was a scuff in my connector tube. We pulled them out, emory clothed them smooth and reinstalled them, torqued to 42 lbs and fixed it. Maybe give it a try.

Is it flipping any codes at you? What are they?

When you did the FCA, did you get the ball and trinkets back in correctly?

No its not pulling any codes but I seems like its bleeding down, I run the truck then turn it off then restart it but if it sits for awhile it just runs over. I will pull the injector tubes this weekend and give the tips a good polish. Thanks for the advice. If that doesnt help them I will be back on here. thanks again

I had similar problem, would start sometimes but turned over forever. It was a scuff in my connector tube. We pulled them out, emory clothed them smooth and reinstalled them, torqued to 42 lbs and fixed it. Maybe give it a try.

Yup that sounds like it to me...recent injector install too. Make sure they're ALL tight, even #6 as hard as it is to get to, and they are all clean seated ends and they aren't egged out. If you find one muffed up, dont try to fix it...I'd just buy a new set, only gonna run ya about $150.

No its not pulling any codes but I seems like its bleeding down, I run the truck then turn it off then restart it but if it sits for awhile it just runs over. I will pull the injector tubes this weekend and give the tips a good polish. Thanks for the advice. If that doesnt help them I will be back on here. thanks again

Keep us posted! I have more ideas if it turns out not to be the tubes. Can you swap in a known good cp3?

well I pulled the fuel tubes out and 5 of them where miss shaped so i ordered a new set of 6 and they should be here in a couple days, I hope this fixes the problem.

Dodge charges $50 each and cummins charges $30. What a mark up.

When a vaccum pump for the jacobs brake went out on our tow rig, dodge wanted over $600 for the part. Cummins had it for less than $100.

well I got the new injector tubes in tonight and still wont start on its own, any other ideas, I have swithced the cp3 with a know good pump, also the FCA and all the injectors were just checked at DDP. Also the rail is capped

is it building rail pressure while cranking? How much?

Is it possible that you have the low pressure lines into and out of the pump reversed?