Co-worker Is Calling Me Out

That's a good point. If it's the V6 you'll own him. If it's the supercharged LS2 good luck.

*nx* and some drag radials.

It would be worth the money just to spank him in a big stinky diesel truck.:hehe:

Hopefully it's and older ls2, the newer motors have the square port heads and are fuggin nasty! With a cam, bolt ons, and some tuning, the new camaro dynoed 505 rwhp! Not too bad for n/a performance and a few simple upgrades.

Definitely let us know how it goes and go out there and get some practicin with a boosted launch, could make or break you winning.

Wow, with the lack of racing i've been able to do this bench racing is the next best thing:p

I asked this question to see how I'd do by your input/experiences with your trucks and playing around.

With this knowledge of the goat and it's performance, honestly I'm gonna have to have a good run from start to finish with no mistakes, pushing my truck to the limits seeing how it's going to do against the goat.

RAM vs GOAT

Try and casually ask him about the car! Try and get a boost number from him, that will help get a better clue on his potential. But, even a basic Procharger kit with a small pulley and a good tune should put that car in 120+ mph territory. My LS1 trapped 125 with only 454 rwhp, he should be 500+ no problem. Either way get us some good footage of the race!!

Where at in So.Cal that would be a great run to watch ?

Remember I want to keep this low keyed as to what day.......hopefully the video cam will work, it'll be before 4:25 AM, we start work 4:30.

I gotta feeling right now that he's gonna be waiting for me tomorrow morn., I gotta get the ladder bars finished tonight....and mounted.

Too bad you arent 4wd because then you could go from a stop and burn him out of the hole.

Just be sure you are spooled and ready to go when you all turn em loose. Turbo lag can cost you the race if you arent ready.

I think you will get him myself. Just be sure that you race from a MPH that puts you in a good spot RPM wise.

Eric

i retrack my previous statement of you saying you can get him. after reading the quote above, i realized that your truck is only 2x4, thats no good. most any mid to low 12 sec truck in 4x4 will get pretty much any street car on street tires. hope you get him but being 2x4 i think he is gonna get ya.

Maybe you should try to get one of your other coworkers to "break down" one morning and see if that guy can get a ride from your potential racer lol. Let us know how it goes, should be a good race!

yeah you will be able to spool that thing by holding the brakes and fueling it to get them turbos spooled. Best thing to do it be able to when you do go on the third beep or whatever is make sure you can downshift and rev out on what gear your going at. 60mph is my magic number, if i can get spooling a little bit in 4th gear, on the takeoff i just floor it and let off the brake and it will downshift and rev out and when i shift back into 4th it starts pulling hard again.

Sounds like the GTO's are no joke, but being on street tires, and if he isnt a good driver, you could still take the win.

Eric

mpracehemi,
How tight is your truck's rear end? Does it keep both tires spinning when you burn out? A worn factory limited slip won't help much in your quest for traction. Traction is going to be a big problem if the roll-on starts below 20mph.

On the street I seem to have no problems hooking unless I start from 2psi launch. I tried on my freshly non-marked tarred(blacktop) street (street was done a couple months ago) back in May. Started with a 5psi boost and crap just ripped up the street, then 2psi, same. I then just tried launching off idle and no slippage-no marks. My wife said the neighbors will be upset 'cuz of the now marked street, I said it's my street too....I pay taxes and too much property tax.

So when I was on the track, I could feel the tires spinning all the way down the 1/8th. I can't on the street.

Thanks for all the input, it'll be a fun race.......at least I hope I give him a run..

Exactly

The gto should take you they have alot of top end charge they just suck out of the hole

I agree. He's gonna take you. Your best opportunity comes from a dead stop with a boosted launch. If he burns,.. you've got him,.. or should. IMO

EDIT: Didn't realize you were 2wd. You need some drag radials. It's all about the traction in this run,.. you need it and you better hope he doesn't get it.

Last edited:
This wouldn't happen to be going to take place on a Public Road, Huh????

LOL