Common Sense

And to all the people that say smooth bore is the best and only option. Why does ppl super farm still run mwe covers and why did ntpa just go back to mwe covers from smooth bore?

How are they restricting power? .......Turbine (frame size) limits

I think some of the competing orgs like to slant their rules so you can make more power in their class. That way when you show up to say a PPL pull with a superfarm the NTPA tractor is legal, however it has lest power.

I think some of the competing orgs like to slant their rules so you can make more power in their class. That way when you show up to say a PPL pull with a superfarm the NTPA tractor is legal, however it has lest power.

Dont doubt it. Pretty funny though... one of our super farm tractors finished 3rd Friday night and won Saturday night at ts with still a smooth bore and no intercooler.

How are they restricting power? .......Turbine (frame size) limits

In which they are still making over 1400hp, and the turbine limit is the reason promoters have dropped the class, and competitors have gone to Limited/Light Pro Stock.

There is two sides to every story, you just can't mention the highlight reel. In my opinion Super Farm would have been better off staying smooth bore but opening up the turbine restriction.

In which they are still making over 1400hp, and the turbine limit is the reason promoters have dropped the class, and competitors have gone to Limited/Light Pro Stock.

There is two sides to every story, you just can't mention the highlight reel. In my opinion Super Farm would have been better off staying smooth bore but opening up the turbine restriction.

Did you ever find where ppl states that mwe has to be behind the nut? I'm still looking.

Did you ever find where ppl states that mwe has to be behind the nut? I'm still looking.

Well I don't think it does. I took it as that's the wording they need to change to take 200 hp out of the class and fix the loophole cover issue. No real money spent to get the class in check and keep running what we already are. Only the top ten trucks would have to change their turbo anyway at least in 2.6. 3.0 I'm not sure of so I can't comment there.

Well I don't think it does. I took it as that's the wording they need to change to take 200 hp out of the class and fix the loophole cover issue. No real money spent to get the class in check and keep running what we already are. Only the top ten trucks would have to change their turbo anyway at least in 2.6. 3.0 I'm not sure of so I can't comment there.

Oh don't get me wrong I think the turbo shouldnt be allowed but that's not my point. My point is ppl knows what the hell they are doing. Come on guys this is the professional pulling league or as everybody wants the say.... the nascar of our sport and they can't do a better job at writing rules than this? That turbo is 100% legal by the rules ppl had in place.

Then why did it fail tech? Rules in place isn't the same thing as rules in writing.

Not sure which truck you are referring to, but at hillsboro we saw a guy under the hood, and the distinct sounds of a hammer hitting a turbo cover(we assumed his MWE was slightly too large)

Then why did it fail tech? Rules in place isn't the same thing as rules in writing.

I'm not sure what that even means? How can a rule be in place that's not in writing, do you have to guess what the rules will be before the event and hope you're right?

Smokem' please contact me, NTPA is staying with 3.0 MWE groove and I want to buy one of the covers that that you are building, so I can get an additional 120+ HP for next year.

Your MWE testing and technology won't go to waste, although I'm not a Haisley customer, so maybe I can't get one....please let me know a price, if possible!

Good question! Hypermax called Mears and asked how they needed to change the cover, Mears said "it will pass, send your guy down." Then upon arrival Mears told them they got more phone calls in one week then they've gotten in 3 years on any other truck and he wouldn't allow them to pull....who do you think made those phone calls?

I'm not sure what that even means? How can a rule be in place that's not in writing, do you have to guess what the rules will be before the event and hope you're right?

It simply means that PPL rules are written by someone with a 4th grade education, so there's interpretation involved.

All you have to hear is phrasing like "in the neck area" and there's your sign.

It simply means that PPL rules are written by someone with a 4th grade education, so there's interpretation involved.

All you have to hear is phrasing like "in the neck area" and there's your sign.

I love that phrasing, lol

Yellow Jacket, Take that Dana 60 out of Your Sig, it don't work.......or change it to Frisbee 60 R&P.