Compound help, 12 to 1400HP

On the 5.9 with 2500 DPC 4disk it spools stupid fast and easy. A lot of cars would double bulb me thinking it would screw me up. Instead I'd let them set most of the 7seconds then bump in at 30-35psi and check out. On the street with converter unlocked at 50% throttle it'll make 40-50 psi almost instantly.

How well does that spool and what converter ?

Bumping this up

With a 6.7 stock stall would spool that setup just fine. Like someone else stated in a previous post; that setup on my truck would spool stupid fast by just looking at the skinny pedal.

Go with a 595 for sure. If it's not enough air you can always put in a 100mm or bigger compressor wheel. I've almost got my S362/S595 twins finished up. They should be pretty fun on the street.
Who has a lathe big enough to open it up to a 100 mm+ and who offers wheels?
Forced Inductions cant fit it on their lathe.

Lots of good reading here, I am in a similar situation as to the OP with similar goals. I was contemplating a sxe369/74/.10 with an billet race cover s485 for my new compound kit. Thoughts on running that setup? Will be running a steed speed e-gate

Truck is an 05 with Firepunk UDC tuning, bottom end will be built this winter as well and I'm currently running 150% exergy' but will most likely be swapping those up

Last edited:
On a side note of who can put a 100mm+ wheel in. We got our 104mm put in the 595 by Alamo Industries.

Also an S400 / S500 is a proven cost effective combo for that power range.

Trying to decide on a primary for my goal of 1200 on fuel. Secondary will be a 68/83 most likely with the 1.0 or 1.1. Engine platform will be a long rod 6.4 Cummins with a built head, side draft intake, and a mild cam. Was thinking somewhere along the lines of an 88mm but not sure to go Borg or Garrett. I realize the Garrett will be more costly but if it's the better option I don't mind paying for that. Suggestions welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was looking at the new s488 SXE from Borg, also the s588, and looking at GT50 frame chargers. Also looking for insight as to what turbine housings you would run on the primary in this configuration given what I want out of the setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk