Compound help, 12 to 1400HP

no worries

A little back ground first. With work I have to get a new truck every 5 years and that time is here. I am keeping my old truck and going to have fun with this as I now have a primary driver.

My set up now is 2011 Mega Cab, 464/83/.9, 480/96/1.32 DDP inj fuel for 1000hp they said, ATS dual CP3 and supporting mods.

I am over the winter getting the engine built and I am hoping to be able to get D&J Machine to do up a Enforcer for me, S&S 250/300% over inj not sure on the size, 2 - 10mm stroker pumps and either an other AD165 or a new Fass220.

My dilemma is on air, I am no turbo wizard like a lot of guys on here so that why I am reaching out for some guidance. I had one guy tell me run the 64 and add a S595 not sure on that. I was thinking a 467/591 but not sure. I am also thinking of a little spray on the top end as well if needed. Also any input on a good kit would be great also.

I will still be driving this on the street and would love to try and keep the spool up I have now or fairly close to it if I can. I do want to be a night mare for the Mustangs, Camaro's and Corvettes around here. I will also be hitting the track and some dyno's as well but it will be a street truck.

Thanks for the help and input.

Go with a 595 for sure. If it's not enough air you can always put in a 100mm or bigger compressor wheel. I've almost got my S362/S595 twins finished up. They should be pretty fun on the street.

Go with a 595 for sure. If it's not enough air you can always put in a 100mm or bigger compressor wheel. I've almost got my S362/S595 twins finished up. They should be pretty fun on the street.

Browns did a compound kit like that spec'd by pius with interstage a/w cooler. 03 5.9 cr, flux 7, tst/edge, 1138 fuel only on a no load dyno

The 467/591 definitely has the air to get you there. Lavon has been putting those numbers down reliably with a 300/400 setup.

It really seems like the s300s don't have the reliability when being pushed that hard. Maybe I am wrong. I was somewhat concerned with this myself.

The s480/96/1.32 over a GT55 106 comp wheel in my signature did 1200 hp on a light efi live tune. Took it easy cause it was on a stock 6.7 block. Even with 350% injectors two stock CP3s was enough.

These turbos are now on a built bottom end 6.7 with 350% 5.9 injectors, 180% industrial injection 6.7 Cp3 along with a stock Dmax cp3 on top, two air dogs and a 5.9 ecm with efi live. Once the trans gets refreshed and ironed out the truck is going on the dyno.

Other guys I've seen run a compound setup this size have done 1500+

Before I even read who the poster was, kinda thought hey this build sounds familiar.. Lol

Good choice with the Enforcer John. ?

The s480/96/1.32 over a GT55 106 comp wheel in my signature did 1200 hp on a light efi live tune. Took it easy cause it was on a stock 6.7 block. Even with 350% injectors two stock CP3s was enough.

These turbos are now on a built bottom end 6.7 with 350% 5.9 injectors, 180% industrial injection 6.7 Cp3 along with a stock Dmax cp3 on top, two air dogs and a 5.9 ecm with efi live. Once the trans gets refreshed and ironed out the truck is going on the dyno.

Other guys I've seen run a compound setup this size have done 1500+

How was the drive ability on the street? Did you have much for turbo lag leaving a light?

GT42R over a 104mm non clipped F-trim Garrett UTV, would be hard to beat.

Why all the recommendations for such large setups? I know 12-1400 is a lot of power, duh, but like was said above, Lavon is doing those numbers with a 300/400 setup. The guy says the main purpose of the truck is to beat up on street cars, well you're going to want it up on boost fast for that.

Admittedly, I have no experience at that level, so maybe I'm missing something here... but I felt like he hit the nail on the head in the original post when he said 467/591.

I agree with Smokem.

One thing I didn't see mentioned is price range you're looking to stay in, not that the engine you're planning to get from D&J is cheap by any means, but that would also determine recommended setups.

As an example, a GTX4202r / GTX5533r (98mm) would get you there with incredibly fast spool, but you're also looking at $8k in turbos before any piping...

I agree with Smokem.

One thing I didn't see mentioned is price range you're looking to stay in, not that the engine you're planning to get from D&J is cheap by any means, but that would also determine recommended setups.

As an example, a GTX4202r / GTX5533r (98mm) would get you there with incredibly fast spool, but you're also looking at $8k in turbos before any piping...

I'm looking at doing this once. I want a fully built engine that I know can take what I want to push out of it and the engine from D&J will do that and have room to grow.

As for cost I am realistic and for what I want to do and have reliability it won't be cheep.

Like I mentioned before I will be using this on the street way more than it will ever see a track so would like something that spools fairly quick for that reason. My set up now does do that and if I can keep it close this it would be great. I think that I can push my current set up Into the 1000/1100 hp range once I have the engine and supporting fuel. Would like to get close to the 1400 on fuel if I can.

Between a full dj enforcer and turbos/fuel system to get to 1400+ hp you want to drop 60k to putt around on the street?

How was the drive ability on the street? Did you have much for turbo lag leaving a light?
I can still tow a light load and curb stomp any sports car. Sure you can make 1200 hp like Lavon with an s366/s483 but that's at full tilt and that poor little 366 is taking a beating. My setup didn't even break a sweat to make 1200 hp.
I don't have a stock vgt like spool up but with the right transmission setup to always keep you in a good gear spool is fine.

Im hoping to swap out the billet s480/96/1.32 in favor of either a billet GT4508R/87/1.10 or a fmw s480/87/1.25. Also swapping A/R on the GT55 from 1.40 to 1.0. Should be a little more fun on the street

FMW 467/87 with a GT55 would spool stupid fast on my setup.

Attachments

• tmp_31089-20151009_081347-666704707.jpg
    tmp_31089-20151009_081347-666704707.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1
Between a full dj enforcer and turbos/fuel system to get to 1400+ hp you want to drop 60k to putt around on the street?

I live 5hrs away from the closet track so building a "race" truck to drive down a track one weekend a month isn't for me. Don't get me wrong but it will hit the track but not that often as I don't want to put a cage in it.

My truck is what I call a sleeper, it's not all bling, it has a 3" carli in it 35" tires and that it, just you regular run of the mill truck.

This will be driven on the street regularly during the summer. I just want to build it rite. Some might say the D&J engine might be over kill but I would rather have to much engine then just enough. Anything that you have to run on the edge won't last as long as something that is running 80%.

I live 5hrs away from the closet track so building a "race" truck to drive down a track one weekend a month isn't for me. Don't get me wrong but it will hit the track but not that often as I don't want to put a cage in it.

My truck is what I call a sleeper, it's not all bling, it has a 3" carli in it 35" tires and that it, just you regular run of the mill truck.

This will be driven on the street regularly during the summer. I just want to build it rite. Some might say the D&J engine might be over kill but I would rather have to much engine then just enough. Anything that you have to run on the edge won't last as long as something that is running 80%.

I completely understand I can't justify spending so much on a race only vehicle. There's more than one way to skin a cat though as far as building a bulletproof shortblock that doesn't cost an arm/leg. I don't see the need for a deck plate till you need well over 1500 hp.