Compound turbo build and other updates

meh fail... tried a 35 psi launch, trans let loose in 3rd for a bit wtf. And blew another freeze plug @ 85 psi. Time for a coolant bypass and all billet freeze plugs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byf03XTHxHQ"]Launch tranny fail - YouTube[/ame]

kinda unknown at the moment, I had set it by rotating the damper, but I tried to get it around 20*. But not sure how close I was.[/

That's one of the most important things you're taking a complete shot in the dark on and you wonder why it runs like crap....

kinda unknown at the moment, I had set it by rotating the damper, but I tried to get it around 20*. But not sure how close I was.[/

That's one of the most important things you're taking a complete shot in the dark on and you wonder why it runs like crap....

I've done this method successfully many many times. It's accurate if you know what your doing.

IMG_0252_zps00f78221.jpg

:rockwoot:

Also got a 188/220 and pushrods from Zach. Finally will be yanking this pos motor for a full rebuild/reseal. Planning on a 13mm pump in the future also. Will be keeping the turbo setup for now, thinking maybe a spool flange or smaller housing on the 63 though.

Last edited:
Holy crap! Just pulled off the timing cover, cam gear walked halfway off the cam and is rubbing the cover. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372611937.332838.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s

yep stock cam and 4K quite often. I have a retainer sitting here for my new cam, was hoping I could just throw it on but the stock cam isn't tapped:doh: