Compound turbo build and other updates

That's impressive, mine have seen some crazy things and have held up although short of 80psi. You sure you don't have any misalignment or other strange issues where that boot blew? Bends or not those things are extremely stout.

The set i just built held 85psi before it somehow broke the lower stud off the intercooler and pushed the intercooler into the bumper... Never expected that. I assume the stud was damaged before and the forward force from boost finished it off. Needless tl say it blew the boot off the clamp... But it was a stock boot and it was fine after replacing the IC

But i agree with nick, interesting that it blew, i bet heat was the main factor

The set i just built held 85psi before it somehow broke the lower stud off the intercooler and pushed the intercooler into the bumper... Never expected that. I assume the stud was damaged before and the forward force from boost finished it off. Needless tl say it blew the boot off the clamp... But it was a stock boot and it was fine after replacing the IC

But i agree with nick, interesting that it blew, i bet heat was the main factor

Stock boot held 85? Dang

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I was pretty impressed, just rolled the clamp off the boot. Ive yet to hear what his max boost is, but when it blew it was racing past the 80psi mark headed twards 90 like it wasnt done.

Stock gasket with just arp 2000's .....0____0

My stock boots held 60+, I only changed them for fear of them blowing and causing damage. I still keep them for spares.

My stock boots held 60+, I only changed them for fear of them blowing and causing damage. I still keep them for spares.

yeah I put a stock boot on for now, wrapped it with duct tape and wire. :hehe:Hopefully it'll hold for a while. I had a stock boot blow at 60 though:doh:

Spoolup still kinda sucks. I need a looser converter bad. It gets real tight right off idle and takes forever to build boost.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoClO2CIbKU"]Spool up - YouTube[/ame]

Spoolup still kinda sucks. I need a looser converter bad. It gets real tight right off idle and takes forever to build boost.

Spool up - YouTube

I have a 2000 stall from goerend that does the same thing, almost no difference from the 1400 stall i had before. But once the truck gets moving it gets very loose. Just can't brake boost it for anything.

I have a 2000 stall from goerend that does the same thing, almost no difference from the 1400 stall i had before. But once the truck gets moving it gets very loose. Just can't brake boost it for anything.

Huh, well that sucks. I thought that a looser converter would help the rpms come up easier and spool up faster? What you cant see in the video is the huge cloud of smoke, not cool:doh:

The he351 would build boost no problem though, lol

Yeah, but I don't think mine is supposed to do that LOL

Back out of pre-boost fuel, that will help some with spool, and keep your EGT's lower longer.

Yeah so got a deal on a used suncoast triple disc converter with stock stall, hopefully get that in tomorrow. Working on redoing the wastegate pipe and stuff. Still need to redo the oil drains and get some better boots.

New converter is in. Brake boosts better, still takes a while to spool though. Too smoky, still way too much low end fuel. Wastegate is dumping at 70 psi or so, opening the gate more makes it run hotter, and power seems to drop. ??? hit 2000* racing a buddy, wtf. Runs best at 80+ psi. And now the tranny is starting to slip worse. fml

New converter is in. Brake boosts better, still takes a while to spool though. Too smoky, still way too much low end fuel. Wastegate is dumping at 70 psi or so, opening the gate more makes it run hotter, and power seems to drop. ??? hit 2000* racing a buddy, wtf. Runs best at 80+ psi. And now the tranny is starting to slip worse. fml

you got a DV/injector setup i would only run for a sled pull with 25+ degrees timing. it will never have close to good street manners or drive any better than it does now no matter how many times you swap housings, adjust WG, or tune the afc....

This might work better, im posting just for comparison sake.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W35pQgS4m1I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W35pQgS4m1I[/ame]

^is that brake boosting it? good god that thing lights fast.

yep, thats a brake boost. It lights nearly the same as my old 66 did when brake boosting. If your rolling into it, yeah it takes noticeably longer to "hit".