Compound turbo build and other updates

Nope I haven't messed with the fueling. I'm gonna tear into this weekend and hopefully figure something out. This thing sucks.

see if you can find a small piece of flexpipe like used on ford/gm up pipes. I'd add a flex portion after the wastegate so the vband flanges have a bit of wiggle room to seat when they tighten up.

see if you can find a small piece of flexpipe like used on ford/gm up pipes. I'd add a flex portion after the wastegate so the vband flanges have a bit of wiggle room to seat when they tighten up.

Yeah thats what I was thinking of doing. Just need to find time to tear it all apart again.

Well I machined some block off plates for the gate ports and it spooling a bit better. 20 psi at 1750 rpm now. This housing must flow good, drive pressure is not too bad even with no gate LOL
Still takes a while to brake boost but thats mostly cause the TC is too tight I think. so with some tuning it might be ok. I miss how fast the he351 spooled LOL

Bigger is always better, fast spool is over-rated..........

Hopefully you can get this new monstrous setup dialed-in, then I will have to eat my words...

:poke:

Hey now, I like fast spool, and the he351 does just that. But as I and others have found the turbine side becomes a choke point. I'm trying to build an efficient setup and keep drive pressure in check and not peg my 2000* pyro everytime I floor it:badidea:

Hey now, I like fast spool, and the he351 does just that. But as I and others have found the turbine side becomes a choke point. I'm trying to build an efficient setup and keep drive pressure in check and not peg my 2000* pyro everytime I floor it:badidea:

Don't floor it.

Guess PEAK boots can't take 80+ psi for long?
IMG_0218_zps52dddf04.jpg

Made a nice popLOL Turbos seem ok. Need better boots.

Straight as in no bends? Straight as in no change in diameter? Or straight as in both of the above?

Who needs blow off valves when you can just use your boots...

Seriously...you didn't hear that "pop"?