Compound turbo build and other updates

That's what I was getting at. Didn't know if the divider was already accounted for or not.

Honeslty, for the .03 difference, get whats cheaper lol

The .88 housing are like a 1.0 divided housing. The divider is not calculated. So the .91 will spool faster.

On a 12v a 63/68/.88 vs .91- the .91 started making boost nearly 200 rpm quicker, was also more linear through the rpm. The .88 would make boost then have a slight pause after 10-12 psi on the gauge. Not sure if that had something to do with the ported t3 manifold with a t3-t4 adapter. But with everything the same just a housing swap the .91 did not have a pause.

Then we swapped to a .83 housing with a custom manifold. It was night ad day difference in drive ability. It drop spool time by another 200-250 rpm. Was very snappy charger for being a t4 charger and 24 degrees of timing

.88 housings are nearly free for the 68mm turbine. What chargers are you going with?

S366sxe's.. going all out again lol, but keeping my s363 mani charger for spoolup for now.. hoping the new turbines help out and i also don't have it intercooled between stages anymore. I want to put a water kit on and put a nozzle in the cold pipe and in the intake horn

So I'm thinking of trying some different injectors here in a while.. current ones are 5x18 145* sac at 300 bar... any thoughts? thinking of 5x20 at least...not sure if different cone angle would help. still wanna street drive but they cant be any worse then it is already:hehe:

From my little bit of experience I've made more power with wide spray angle injectors. That includes stock pistons with about 24 timing on my buddys 12v.

hmmm... I do have large bowl pistons, im gonna be running timing up to about 30* tho. my pump is at about 550cc and fuels like a mofo just felt like something was lacking

got the new chargers on, then my airdog shat itself again:doh: so didnt get to do any testing. :bang

got the new chargers on, then my airdog shat itself again:doh: so didnt get to do any testing. :bang

they have a new unit out called the 4g and apparently the motor is isolated from the fuel unlike the earlier models.

Otherwise Fuelab's brushless option seems to be the go to...

yeah, gonna call airdog and see if I can get one but i think its only a 165.. either way i might have to do another pusher pump or something to help keep the pressure up.

I called fuelab, guy said they're not releasing the new pump setup for 12v's till august or something

So I'm thinking of trying some different injectors here in a while.. current ones are 5x18 145* sac at 300 bar... any thoughts? thinking of 5x20 at least...not sure if different cone angle would help. still wanna street drive but they cant be any worse then it is already:hehe:

I went to a 5x16 155* from a 5x12 145* and actually run cleaner until I ask for the fuel. I also went from 024 to 7mm.

I haven't read your whole thread, but why not stay mechanical or do an aeromotive? You don't read about failures as often.

Not many a1000 failures to read about, I'm not positive on their limit though.

Last edited:
I got my a1000 from someone here, takedown IIRC, and it had been used then left on a shelf for a while. I got it, and left in on a shelf for about 2 years until I needed it in a pinch 3 years ago. It's still going strong.

so then I guess I would have to have a filter and regulator setup somehow. i'll have to do some research. was hoping to just run this dam thing for bit lol, always something. Cant really even afford this truck anymore:bang I recently moved and making way less $$ now

has anyone heard of the new airdog 4g failing. tempted to try it for now if the motor will bolt on my base

Arirdog 4g unit is nice and quiet. also gonna install a sump, then i hope I don't have to mess with it for awhile! Anyways, spoolup off the bottom is about the same, primaries obviously slower but not too bad, seems to kick harder already but fuel is still pulled way back.