Cooler Racing in Houston?

4x4dually said:
Who's the dude in the helmet....nice face plant man! :hehe: That was great. I can't wait to see some top fuel cooler races. Are cooler mods allowed? You need some of that "clark griswold" greese like he put on his snow saucer! LOL

Thats my buddy Leonard, talk about W A S T E D...

I am going to build a pro-street cooler from the ground up this winter...Ball bearings, urethane wheels, 4" exhaust, hopefully AFE will step up and sponsor me with a free intake, and also word has it that NX is going to provide a full on beer chilling system that uses one 10lbs bottle chill a 6-pack to sub-zero temps!

Looks like im going to have to build 2 coolers. The mustang guys I race with put gas and alcohol engines in coolers and drag race them, but the diesel version looks like a lot of fun too. I just dont think I can use the same cooler for both.

Leonard...aka drunkard lol. he was tanked. cooler racing was freakin hilarious. LOVE IT!!!

I shall not be cooler racing.

However, there will be a donation can for the purchase of bandaids that I'll be using to patch up all the drunkards who face dive to eat asphalt from 10 feet up. :bang

We appreciate knowing that there will be a trained professional there to stop our bleeding before she laughs her ass off at us.

crewgirl said:
We appreciate knowing that there will be a trained professional there to stop our bleeding before she laughs her ass off at us.

I wouldn't bank on "before". :D

A donation of a couple air mattresses would be appreciated..It'll make the landing softer.

wideopen said:
A donation of a couple air mattresses would be appreciated..It'll make the landing softer.
PCRA is going big time now...don't call em air mattress...be like nascar...they're "safer barriers"

Matresses are a good idea...that way we wont have any crazy accidents when people go down head first on their belly's....*ahem* :)

It looks like Houston, Tx will be the first official PCRA event with classes. After the TS test and tune, it looks like there will be a Top Alcohol for the big boys. Also, trying to get a pro mod class for those who prefer modified. Someone need to score a bud or miller sponsorship for the super stock class.

I'm going to have to start showing up to some of these events, sounds like I miss alot staying here in St. Louis:(

imelmo said:
I wouldn't bank on "before". :D

Uhm... yeah lol. You can definitely bank on the laughing starting WAYYYY before the bleeding occurs.

And I swear, I just hope someone makes you all wear helmets. It'd be a dang shame to crack a skull open and jack up the pavement or a trailer ramp with some empty grey matter LMAO! And besides, I don't have bandaids that big. Plus... truth be told (If I MUST be honest...) is that I will NOT admit to being a nurse lol. I'll run the other direction and deny ever being involved with any of you people should a sentinal event occur lol. I'll just stand by, dial 911 and point the police in your direction :hehe: :hehe:

Adding duct tape and shop towels to the list for the owies too large for bandaids.........

crewgirl said:
Adding duct tape and shop towels to the list for the owies too large for bandaids.........

I'll bring the dental floss and leather needle. Back in college, a buddy decided he was too drunk to drive home so he left Tumbleweeds on foot. Then he got in a fight with a barbed wire fence. Later, after dumping a pint of bactine (spelling?) on his hand, we sewed his finger up with dental floss and a leather needle. Not professional, but looks good now. He was affraid to go to the emergency room 'cause he didn't want arrested. Stupid kids..... :D Remember, this was the guy that pulled the lead shot out of a 12 gauge shell and had his other roommate shot him with the wad in the living room. The black mark on his man boob took several months to go away. I think alcohol kills blood cells, what do you think?

If your gona put down mattresses you should add some fun to the race. Put a block of wood in the rail on the bottom of the ramps so that when you get to the bottom the cooler stops but the passenger doesn't. First person on the mattress wins. Adds some excitement.

chevyguy said:
If your gona put down mattresses you should add some fun to the race. Put a block of wood in the rail on the bottom of the ramps so that when you get to the bottom the cooler stops but the passenger doesn't. First person on the mattress wins. Adds some excitement.

Awesome Idea...also adds a degree of difficulty!

Chris

Boy, I really need to start showing up to more races. I like how it's name PCRA, sounds offically.