Crank lightening

Lookin' very good Timo.

BTW; How's my cylinderhead O-ringing going on?
Like this :pop:

The crank is still undone at work, waiting till more urgent are getting done. Got a feeling I should soon find a shop to machine it.
Meanwhile been spending my evenings with a disc swap from -02/up 14 bolt set up. To get rid of heavy drums, driver side trial fitted.

Timo

Attachments

• 344-1.jpg
    344-1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 347-2.jpg
    347-2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 0
First round at the balancing machine done. It shows 170g needs to be taken off from the rear part of the crank and 63g off the front section. I could try to cut off much as possible from the points marked at the machine, but looks like it needs a bit weight added to the flex plate and inner part of the damper. Could post some pics later on.

Timo

The marked line is where to get weight off, started to take off from center journals. What the pic shows is around 30g off the weight.

Timo

Attachments

• 841.JPG
    841.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 854.JPG
    854.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 0
Be very interesting to see how this goes. Keep up the work and updates. Really enjoying this thread.

Two center most milled and ready for deburring. Getting closer to the weight needs to get off.

Timo

Attachments

• 855.JPG
    855.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 0
Center journals finished, also mill some off from the main sides,along the way towards both direction. On Sat. I got a time for a balancing shop, let's how it turns out.

Timo

Attachments

• 857.JPG
    857.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 856.JPG
    856.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
Lets just hope when it shuts down the first time it don't snap. LOL> These motors come to a stop pretty quick as it is..... I wonder about rebounding when it shuts down? Or is that the least of his concerns?

I would think it will be better now that it doesn't have the big weights to twist it.

Second round at the balancer done. Now back home on to the lathe again. Rear part of it, from center towards rear is pretty close, in a few grams. Although front section needs to lose 120g off. Maybe on next time it's finally balanced.

Timo

Oooof, I don't see this living at all in a high boosted-med to high compression engine at all. Never the less interested in the results. All the fly weight gone is going to be extremely hard on the crank.