CSI's testing Times

Maybe it's not the converter builder, but the fact that your trying to use an auto instead of stepping up a a liberty or something that would be more capable of handling 1200+hp and near 5000# at the same time.

Maybe it's not the converter builder, but the fact that your trying to use an auto instead of stepping up a a liberty or something that would be more capable of handling 1200+hp and near 5000# at the same time.
Read the rules, then speak.

"Transmission: The transmission must have been available as a factory option on one-ton or smaller pickup trucks. Transmission
brakes are prohibited."

I agree.. i think the biggest problem is that these trucks rely on lockup clutches. Diesels just don't have the rpm and can't spin like a Gasser to compensate for a high stall converter. They need a loose stator to build boost at the line and a tight stator to move down the track. this can be done with a high compensation rate stator, but not as efficiently as a solid drive train. Even if there was a class for trucks with a liberty or lenko, drop box, drive shafts, and more brackets and bracing and such the weight gain is immense. A glass body and tube chassis would be needed.. An automatic transmission can hold the power, it's just going to take some more time.. These transmission companies have only been trying to hold this much power for less than 10 years.. It will take more time...

CONGRATS ON THE WICKED PASSES CSI!

Read the rules, then speak.

"Transmission: The transmission must have been available as a factory option on one-ton or smaller pickup trucks. Transmission
brakes are prohibited."

Well, change the rules. there are obvious limitations. Maybe they were never ment to be to go that fast. :)

Well the truck got a little loose on me an i had to back out of it for a sec resulting in our loss ! But i will say Seth is doing very well driving for Dale ! We had a good time seeing everybody run . Here is a video of Seth and I's race .

YouTube - csidodge

Well the truck got a little loose on me an i had to back out of it for a sec resulting in our loss ! But i will say Seth is doing very well driving for Dale ! We had a good time seeing everybody run . Here is a video of Seth and I's race .

YouTube - csidodge

Awesome run, I would have loved to see that in person. I bet that was fun doing a 4 wheel slide and not being able to steer out of it.

Nice..... I hear that was the best race of the weekend. Nice driving job too....I probably woulda crapped myself.

All that smoke is a crowd pleaser! Too bad it blocks the view of the finish line sometimes.

Did the truck step sideways when the converter was locked? Did it shift gears? Or just loose traction for no apparent reason?

This was the greatest time ever for "memory card full" to show up on my digital camera. No joke, I pressed record as both trucks were staging then it cut off and said my card was full. Talk about pissed off! As I said in the other thread, this was the highlight of the drag racing IMO. Two very nasty trucks!

Nice..... I hear that was the best race of the weekend. Nice driving job too....I probably woulda crapped myself.

There is NO doubt about that!

was that the first side by side pro street race in which both trucks run in the 9's? i'm pretty sure it was for 4x4's!!!!

My sincere congratulations to Seth and Dale Smith on their Pro-Street win at Indy! That was a great race between Seth and Carey.

-------
John_P