Cummins + Blower + 2 Very Big Twin Turbos.....

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
:evilThoughts...........

Who gives a duck about hood clearance- so leave that one out. :banned:

Piers did a Blower install on a Cummins a while back.

The owner of said vehicle still daily drives this creation.

I was "informed" of 9psi boost at idle..... and boost is ridiculously instantanous.:evil

I have several Blowers sitting in the garage.........

Thoughts?:poke:

yea baby go for it---it is something I've wanted to do for yrs, but money and time kick my @$$---anyway I thought there were some issues with Piers' setup when the boost got up there---I don't recall if it was backpressure or trying to bypass the blower or ???? the ol' memory ain't what it used to be.....chris

Piers told me the "creation" he did ran a simple HX-35/14 over a HT3B. Boost at idle started out at 9 and they turned it down to 4 psi @idle..... I think he was saying he wished he could try a larger by-pass valve....

(Right now I have a 6-71 Blower perched atop a 24V P-Pumped engine) LOL LOL

Excluding the injection lines for custom bent units- I am wondering on a custom plenum adapter for this 6-71......... I can get a pre-cut blower mount flange from a contact ( This flange is for building custom blower manifolds )

I'm scratchin my head here and this is one of those things that make you go hmmmmmm?

no doubt---instantaneous boost without a shot of NOS---it would be wicked cool with a 6-71---

yea it was the bypass that limited them--I knew it was something, but sometimes my brain cells don't recall things like they used to--could've been the high octane fuel consumed over a few hours during that discussion that limits my ability to remember stuff--

no doubt---instantaneous boost without a shot of NOS---it would be wicked cool with a 6-71
This is where I am thinking -instantanious boost on a rather LARGE set of turbos......:evil:evil:evil

Inheritly unorthodox= yes

Insane plumbing figuring/calculating:doh:

Out of my mind= possibly:hehe::hehe::hehe:

But what if?:evil:evil:evil

you'd probably need a dual rear end (eight tires back there) to get the thing to stick---but OMG--what a sight to behold---makes me want to go out and buy a blower right now....

Do it! Plumb dual 50mm blowoff valves around the blower so it wouldn't get in the way >14psi.

Lots of yacht's are turbo-supercharged diesel. Might give some ideas or maybe some usable parts. I do remember intake manifolds with 2 inlets though? bypass plumbed into or what i cant really say i can remember. It was hot and I was wearing a gallon of diesel trying to get the pump primed after the Capt. ran the aux tanks out.
:hehe:

Well theres a duramax in Oz with a Centrifugal blower and a GT45. Hes running about 4 psi at idle and 733 hp on conservative tuning.

A AC type clutch on the blower would be cool. Once the twins were on boost you could shut the blower down and install a valve to prevent back feeding the blower. That way it get's rid of all the parasitic loss from the blower. A hobbs switch to shut it down at a specific boost and possibly a second hobbs to close the valve (or a spring).

you'd probably need a dual rear end (eight tires back there) to get the thing to stick---but OMG--what a sight to behold---makes me want to go out and buy a blower right now....

I'd rather see a tubb'ed rear end and big singles for a drag truck vs. duals, but that's just IMO...

Why not make life easier and just use a Procharger-type centrifugal supercharger?

:hehe:Maybe you didnt see where I posted that I already have several 6-71's ? LOL

I'm talking about one like this, by Procharger:
procharger6.jpg

Marine Volvo D6 engine is using supercharger + turbo .

Supercharger are with electromagnetic clutch and its running from idle speed up to 1800 rpm, from 1800 rpm turbo will took over and supercharger will be swiched off

Supercharger is Roots type

Ya my girlfriends dads 50' SeaRay had 2 v-6 detroit diesels that have twin turbos and a supercharger. They dynoed at 876hp before they were put in the boat 2 years ago. Think about that they are v-6. He said they were 2 stroke diesels but Im not shure.