Cummins + Blower + 2 Very Big Twin Turbos.....

I think if I progress forward with this that it would defineatey have some heads turning........:evil:evil:evil:evil

Don't know if I want this blower over the injection pump like that pictured- maybe over the valve cover somewhat centered.... remember I don't care about hood clearance issues:pop::pop: Think of how fast it would cleanup what fuel a 13mm pump can supply.......

hmmmmmmm..........

I was talking to my salesman at Procharger awhile back about one of there units for a diesel, He said due to the low rpm's that a cummins see's it would be hard to get boost out of one of there bigger head units (F-2/F-3) He did say that there are a couple of powerstroke guys that are running them though.

scot

there is one powerstroke guy has it handled nicely and was sellin complete motors on Ebay about a year ago
He ran a jackshaft with big n little wheels to run the procharger up to speed at idle - clained 15 psi at idle and 30 at 3200 rpm all by itself then with the turbo added it was about 60 psi if memory serves
it was an awesum setup to be sure
I am i n the same boat - I got a setup all designed but havnt the coin to build it
it truly would be awesum to have a blower stickin outa the hood lol

I don't care what anyone sez, I want an 8-71 or Kenne Bell on top of my Cummins. Think of the best throttle response you've ever had then double it, that is what a supercharged diesel should provide.

I don't care what anyone sez, I want an 8-71 or Kenne Bell on top of my Cummins. Think of the best throttle response you've ever had then double it, that is what a supercharged diesel should provide
Jason- a 6-71 BDS hi helix blower should do just fine........:evil:evil

Their was an article in diesel world or diesel power last year, in the racers rigs section and one of the trucks was a ford ranger ext. cab flat black 4wd with a 12valve conversion from orange county diesel? It had a supercharger, feeding two hx 35s setup for twins. It said the truck had instant spool up and could leave the line at 100psi. This would be a killer setup but would take some fine tunning to get it right thats for sure.

Their was an article in diesel world or diesel power last year, in the racers rigs section and one of the trucks was a ford ranger ext. cab flat black 4wd with a 12valve conversion from orange county diesel? It had a supercharger, feeding two hx 35s setup for twins. It said the truck had instant spool up and could leave the line at 100psi. This would be a killer setup but would take some fine tunning to get it right thats for sure.
I saw that and didn't quite understand the use of two HX35's.......

Last edited:
Jason- a 6-71 BDS hi helix blower should do just fine........:evil:evil

Ya know, a screw style charger (like Whipple) on a gasser, makes full boost just off idle.

So, if you could make 15 or so pounds at 900 rpm with no jackshaft... seems like that would be the way to go. They (Whipple) make all different sizes for you big dog power guys feeding two turbos.

Just my $.02

How would the seals inside the whipple or 6-71 take the 70psi from the twins? I was going to try it, but decided on going with a procharger instead, that way I could still run it through the intercooler and don't have to worry about seals.

anyone know what kind of CFM those 6-71s can flow? if its more than the bottom charger on a twin setup, wouldn't it just be compounding the boost just like the small turbo does in a twin setup? or am I thinking backwards?

run a dual procharger set up with one huge turbo. figure you can turn the prochargers at 2x the speed, since the engine will be turning 1/2 the speed of a gasser.

Well theres a duramax in Oz with a Centrifugal blower and a GT45. Hes running about 4 psi at idle and 733 hp on conservative tuning.

Are you talking about this one?

Last edited:
The Duramax looks badass...too bad those tailpipes are fugly as hell. Atleast cut 'em off flush with the rollpan....

Twin turbos with a big procharger has already been done on a dodge. If you are lucky you may see it at a track in the midwest soon...

:pop: