cummins or cat

aeffbc96-1451-f776.jpg

if you are plumbing it like that you might as well run quads.

that is backwards to what we are used to, a big single looks to be feeding to smaller turbos and air to water between the stages, then air to air into the motor..

I mean i guess it would work. you could still be well on the map. It just makes a lot more sense to run it the normal way with twin primarys unless hes running some sort of a spool aid, which i would doubt.

Damn that things a nightmare. You'd need to call the local heating, air conditioning and plumbing guy every time you gotta work on it.

Yes it will be a timing nightmare, not to mention the cost of the new nozzles and adapters for the head to make it work. A p-pump doesn't have enough pressure to fire a cat nozzle properly.

No need for compounds until you go big on fuel, until then there are plenty of singles that work well.

Also, I still haven't had trouble out of my 7fb, and I abuse the hell out of it.

The marine 3406C went to 580, the marine C15 touches 865, and the C18 does 1150. Btw the last two use the same block.

John, looks like they used the split manifold and ran the little turbos off of three cylinders each, that setup should really have compounds on each three to make that work right.

Not sure about the timing thing but I've already addressed the nozzle thing and thats going to be the simplest part. CTDYoungGun at DPE is my brother so I'll be working with them on the swap. The project doesnt even exist yet though so who knows.

My other thought was deleting the emissions and VVT stuff of an ACERT and see if it opens up. I'll quit now, not trying to highjack the thread! lol

Not sure about the timing thing but I've already addressed the nozzle thing and thats going to be the simplest part. CTDYoungGun at DPE is my brother so I'll be working with them on the swap. The project doesnt even exist yet though so who knows.

My other thought was deleting the emissions and VVT stuff of an ACERT and see if it opens up. I'll quit now, not trying to highjack the thread! lol
If you want to help and Acert figure out how to disable the valve actuators. They're amazing with the timing put back in the flash file and a little more fuel but no one has figured out how to disable them from the MXS series and up. The series (BXS) are 70pin ECM's so you can just put a 6NZ ECM on and swap the rocker box and remove the actuators, but the 120pin ECM's aren't that easy and backing them off doesn't work for all and throws a check engine light.:doh:

ahh the sacred 6NZ, wish I had about a dozen of those in crates on my shop floor. Really wish I still had my dads MXS to mess with, It was getting better but he gave up on it and went back to a 379 with 6NZ.

nice guys, i love the big motor talk, wish i had more of a clue about what your saying but sounds like you guys do.. i wish you guys had a cheap extra ecm for a celect plus so i could bite the bullet because amaizingly enough there are about 3 good tuner for the n14 and they all get PAID for their knowledge.. but i cant have my truck down for that long so i need another ecm no matter what..
some day ill learn more about the cat stuff.. im stuck in the 90's, 12v and my 98 n14 LOL

The n14 is a damn good engine, I know of LOTS that have gone over 1 million miles before even being opened up. I drove one for a year or so in a 95 Pete that went 1.3 million before it needed an inframe

ya the old girl is mine now. buggys down the road pretty good but i am just wanting some more and the benifiet of more power and more mileage with that.. im averaging around 6.9 now so thats pretty good but some is good more is better right.. LOL

6.9 is damn good. Of course more would be better but thats pretty good for a big block engine. My dads 05 KW with an ACERT would only get 4.5. Granted he pulls a bullrack which is the least fuel efficient trailer ever but 4.5 is still pretty bad.

nice guys, i love the big motor talk, wish i had more of a clue about what your saying but sounds like you guys do.. i wish you guys had a cheap extra ecm for a celect plus so i could bite the bullet because amaizingly enough there are about 3 good tuner for the n14 and they all get PAID for their knowledge.. but i cant have my truck down for that long so i need another ecm no matter what..
some day ill learn more about the cat stuff.. im stuck in the 90's, 12v and my 98 n14 LOL

How cheap is cheap? Pretty sure I've got 3 of them. If not I know I have 2.

6.9 is damn good. Of course more would be better but thats pretty good for a big block engine. My dads 05 KW with an ACERT would only get 4.5. Granted he pulls a bullrack which is the least fuel efficient trailer ever but 4.5 is still pretty bad.

I average 4.6

I average 4.6

ya, I think that's about what they're gonna get no matter what you do with them. Our older C-15's and 3406E's will get 5.3ish on a normal day.

One of my customers has an International with a C-12 set at 435 and averages 7.98. My Topkick with a 3116 barely does better than that.

Now I'll add to that statement, I average 4.6 pulling 105k LOL

my mileage is good because i dont usually pull much more than 75k and mostly highway driving with dead heads coming back so loaded im ususally around 5.5 empty about 8.9 so 6.9 is right in the middle..
looking forward to getting some mo powa LOL and hopefully it will make up for the cost with some better mileage.. no matter what at least it will drive just that much better.

My stone slinger averages about 4.2 but its not very aerodynamic and thats also PTO time running the bed at 1400rpm. I also run alot of in town and have 4.56 gears and an 8 LL. We have a KW with a C15 ACERT thats deleted that runs great and gets almost 5 so we are happy with it. The Sterlings with the Mercedes get the worse mileage followed by the KWs and the Volvos usually so the best until the EGR quits on them.

Back