Demitri 1919HP!!!

Wade put the whole thing on Dmitri. It wasn't until his nut-swinging haters came on and jumped him that he started using the words "we" and "I".

Awesome #s man. But to earn your respect with these guys, you gotta get it down the track. We are all behind in that sense. They dont care if it makes 10,000 hp. If it can't run the #s, it doesnt matter. There is ony a couple that can. When you can go out there and outrun Stuckey and Seth, then the respect will come.

Yes.

The "casual" diesel enthusiasts get all worked up about dyno numbers. A dyno is an awesome tuning tool, but thats about it. I don't care if I make 3000hp, if it doesn't perform on the track, then what good is it?

congrats on the numbers D, let me know the next event your goin to and we can convoy or meet you there

Yes.

The "casual" diesel enthusiasts get all worked up about dyno numbers. A dyno is an awesome tuning tool, but thats about it. I don't care if I make 3000hp, if it doesn't perform on the track, then what good is it?

Exactly! And a 1 second spike on a 4 second pull are NOT real numbers!

None the less, those are impressive Dmitri. Good power and good track times. Just try to keep the boots on! Good work man!

Congrats Dmitri!!! Looking forward to seeing that thing if you come back up to Edmonton.

Just a thought, not directed at anyone's achievements... But why is it so important to use corrected numbers? Can't people just state uncorrected with the DA numbers? Corrected numbers just seem so fake.

Kinda like a girl sporting 34 C's, then getting her naked and realizing she stuffed her bra from her 33 B's. Being a man that loves nice size boobies, plus a very honest person that probably picked you up partially because of your nice sized boobies, that's a major turn off lol... As are correction factors. Correction factors are just a fancy way to lie.

1800hp at 5000ft is impressive, no need to stuff your bra... Brah.

Great numbers Dmitri.

How long is the truck going to be at PPE and when is your next planned event? Looking forward to what the truck can do at full boogie!

you saying 9.50 is not getting down the track?

Yes, 9.50 is awesome. We just ran our first one at Indy. But no, 9.50 is not getting down the track if you make 1500-1800 hp and have a back half on top of that. I'm just saying that there is WAYYY more to it than hp. Look at Seth's truck, they run probably 50% of the power that they are capable of and launch very soft. And the stuckey team, they have the knowledge and resources to make as much power as anyone, but they don't need it. They made a 9.08 pass that was smoother than an et street truck. And its still streetable. I just hope one day we have a full class of trucks that can do the same.

Congrats Dmitri!

One thing many people seem to forget is that correction factors are usually far too "generic" to apply to highly boosted diesel engines. Aside from spoolup issues I have seen many diesels run almost the same MPH in high density-altitude conditions as they run at sea level.

Congrats Dmitri!

One thing many people seem to forget is that correction factors are usually far too "generic" to apply to highly boosted diesel engines. Aside from spoolup issues I have seen many diesels run almost the same MPH in high density-altitude conditions as they run at sea level.

I wanna prove that point out myself. I'm curious about folks like myself that run the charger right to it's limits. Will a 50 degree swing in ambient temps make up any time or not. I'd say yeah, I'd be faster in colder temps vs hotter. However. if I were to set my gate to 40psi (what ever average HP that ends up being), it should run the same everything 50 degrees or 120 is my thinking.

Jason, setting up the pickup so that it has the least amount of change with heat, the more consistient it will be. Of course if you go out the first round everytime, it doesn't matter... :hehe:

Dmitri, no matter what, corrected, or uncorrected, they are awesome numbers. Both numbers were posted, so everyone can pick which one that want to use. Personally I made 1015hp corrected, and 1040hp uncorrected, so I like to brag about uncorrected! :hehe:

Paul

They're turned down a little, but not that much. Maybe a couple hundred HP.

Couple hundred..... like as much as rust bucket makes without the aid of spray and junk.

Jason, setting up the pickup so that it has the least amount of change with heat, the more consistient it will be. Of course if you go out the first round everytime, it doesn't matter... :hehe:

That makes perfect sense. This year didn't pan out to be a year to hit the track every weekend so I really don't care too much right now to be consistent, maybe next year. :/

Jason - my slow dually (350 RWHP) does not have a wastegate, but still runs within a tenth or so and 1.5 mph or so anywhere from sea level to 8000' D/A conditions. Only difference is I leave at about 1100 RPM at sea level (0 boost) and maybe 1500 RPM (still 0 boost but closer to making boost) at higher D/A conditions.

Yes, 9.50 is awesome. We just ran our first one at Indy. But no, 9.50 is not getting down the track if you make 1500-1800 hp and have a back half on top of that. I'm just saying that there is WAYYY more to it than hp. Look at Seth's truck, they run probably 50% of the power that they are capable of and launch very soft. And the stuckey team, they have the knowledge and resources to make as much power as anyone, but they don't need it. They made a 9.08 pass that was smoother than an et street truck. And its still streetable. I just hope one day we have a full class of trucks that can do the same.

ok we have not but once or twice talked in person, i met you in florida. So you dont know me as a person or what i try to achieve on the dyno as well the track correct??? We can sit here all we want and compare every truck in the game and what they do with there power output, but then we would sound like you and assume we know all about there trucks as well correct???? You have a prostreet truck and it runs awsome, dont worry about my little dmax 4 wheel burner and what i do with the power?? I have a goal to make 2000 hp on the dyno, i doooooo nottttt run that power down the track as i cant!!!!!! There have been countless threads where i have stated this!!!!!! I am 5 races into the season trying to dial in my truck, Sorry not quite to your standards buddy!!! I will promise you this tho, when i do find a way to hook all that power up i can only hope its you im lined up against, when that day comes:tree:

Dmitri, no matter what, corrected, or uncorrected, they are awesome numbers. Both numbers were posted, so everyone can pick which one that want to use. Personally I made 1015hp corrected, and 1040hp uncorrected, so I like to brag about uncorrected! :hehe:

Paul[/QUOTE]
thanks buddy, it feels good to be close to that 2k mark, i have been chasing it for a long time!!
Congrats Dmitri
thanks man!
Congrats Dmitri!

Thank you michael, yeah im not sure how the whole correction factor plays either, all i know is that we have dynoed over thousands of trucks with the best of somewhere in the 1100 range other than our shop truck, the more power you make the harder it gets in the 1000 plus range, so correction or not when that thing reads 2000 superflow numbers im going out for a party lol thanks again man!!
Congrats Dmitri!!!:clap:

Thank you :)

Awesome #s man. But to earn your respect with these guys, you gotta get it down the track. We are all behind in that sense. They dont care if it makes 10,000 hp. If it can't run the #s, it doesnt matter. There is ony a couple that can. When you can go out there and outrun Stuckey and Seth, then the respect will come. Its a goal we are all working toward. I hope everyone of us reach our goals soon. Can you imagine a class of streetable trucks running 9.0s and 8.90s consitently.

Ok so your posting about out running seth and stuckey, for respect, so... have you out ran them!! Have you ever dynoed over a thousand? do you even make a 1000+ horse??? Dont jump on here and personally attack what i love in this sport because you dont think it matters if i cant get it down the track, i dont care what you think!!! Bottom line is im 5 races into this season, give me a season under my belt then come at me with your keyboard!!!