Detroit Diesel, breaking cranks, what to do...

Detroit Diesel....effectively creating useless noise form otherwise good diesel since 1937.

Tell me again how 1937 technology can make 5hp/l. LOL

Did you know that troits were the only engines that were talked about in the Bible? "Great noisy beasts that travel slooowly across the land."

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

he has a na blower on, but no one seems to share the info on what makes these old 2 strokes run hard like the low port liners etc. He keeps wanting to mess with the cam and also keeps thinking he wants to do a blower bypass.. I still think a more efficient blower like a new style eaton would be better than no blower.. he wants to unload the blower at high boost. Now he is thinking the gov is holding him back so now that's the next thing he wants to play with..
ofcourse you want to bypass that inefficient blower, it just robs power, no matter if it's new or old.

Tell him to remove the gov spring pack, dissasemble the spring pack and remove the outer (limiting speed) spring. Make a sleeve to go in place of the spring that is about .010 shorter than tight when installed. This will leave the idle governor, but disable the high speed govorner. Now go work on the valvetrain!

Ill give that a try. What low speed spring color are you using and or shimming. Whats your egt and air box psi. Have you tryed a bypass? What do you think about a eaton m-90? If its cool can you pm #. Thanks

Oh yeah, you using the heavy gov weights or light? The twin setup I'm running seems to work well to4 and tv7101. 9280s in it now runs super clean at around 40psi (air box) I swapped out to the 155s last night to see what happens. I have to rig in a water spray for air cooling. I have no air to air right now because I might try a little eaton blower. Truck has big cooling problems now I think I need a remote rad and to run a air to air in place of stock radiator. Well any how seems like we are on the same path to high power goals I'd love to bounce some ideas of each other.

Detroit Diesel....effectively creating useless noise form otherwise good diesel since 1937.

Tell me again how 1937 technology can make 5hp/l. LOL

Since when is noise useless? Noise is like half the reason I own a diesel LOL

Oh yeah, you using the heavy gov weights or light? The twin setup I'm running seems to work well to4 and tv7101. 9280s in it now runs super clean at around 40psi (air box) I swapped out to the 155s last night to see what happens. I have to rig in a water spray for air cooling. I have no air to air right now because I might try a little eaton blower. Truck has big cooling problems now I think I need a remote rad and to run a air to air in place of stock radiator. Well any how seems like we are on the same path to high power goals I'd love to bounce some ideas of each other.

I used to have a lot of trouble keeping mine cool as well, it would run 230 just running 55mph, the intercooler made a huge difference, it dropped the temp to190 unless I was pulling a long hard hill. then I added a 97 dodge radiator as well, and now it's finally impossible to get her over 180. mine takes about 45lbs air box to clean up, so now I'm working on more fuel. I decided against spending 2100 on set of 220mm injectors, and am going common rail. I think I'll have a lot more potential than 220mm of fuel for about the same cost. is like to call you sometime, my shop phone is 931-994-6375, pm me yours if you want, or just call me. oh, email is easier than pm for me too, Lawrence at Shaferdiesel.com

Back