DHRA Rocky Mountain Sled Pulling meeting!

looks like a case of ssdd-dhra
good luck boys if you have to count on the dhra .....

love how they make excuses, blame everyone else. if the guy that aparrently has the only sled in the west took every event date and has the sled, sounds like you have a place to hook

i would quit worring about the dhra it's over *bdh*

We finally got a answer out of Ogden staduim this morning, it wasnt good. Jessie wont call them back but yet they wont give his dates away. Jessie did return our emails today telling us things changed in his life and couldnt get back with us and wanting to sell the sled. This afternoon we called a couple people looking for a differant location but it is going to take a little while to find something with open dates we need. I totally understand why you guys want an answer, we want to get this finalized just as bad as you guys. What do you guys think? We dont want to give up on this, but would like some feedback from everyone and we know its getting late in the season for planning. Thanks Kyle

Well, in my experience Ogden stadium isn't that great anyway. Pocatello has a great track. If that is an option it would be great. Maybe Dominator has some good suggestions.

Any word on this yet? Does any one have a phone number for Jesse, where is Attitude diesel located? I can't find any info on the company.

Hey everybody, Skyler with the United Pullers. Just wanted to chime in to talk about this sled situation for the DHRA pulls. I'm not sure either what has happened with Jesse; last year he was all fired up to rent us his sled and it sounds like he must have had some other issues come up. The United Pullers just purchased a new sled frame and we are in the process of transferring the good equipment off of our old sled into the new one. The new one will be a tandem axle unit with an enclosed cab and either Chevy or Cummins powered. We have a 24 valve Cummins on its way from Arizona that we are thinking about hooking directly to a Hydrostat trans to run the entire unit. If anybody has any input on the power situation we would be happy to entertain ideas and opinions.

And yes, the beginning of last year was not good on our big sled but I think that most of you that stayed with us throughout the year (much appreciated) would agree that the sled really came around and 99% of issues were eliminated by the end of the season. If anybody was at Tremonton they know that we can stop a 5 engine tractor just as well as any other sled out there. There are a few people that work their a$$e$ off every week and weekend starting now to have a good working unit for everybody to hook onto come summer. We are committed to keep doing so.

I was the promoter and president of United for 5 years and I know the contact people at almost every venue in our region. I would be happy to help you guys get in touch with the right people and get this circuit up and running. We will continue to support diesel truck pulling as long as you guys continue to support us. We are making a few changes this year to be even more accomodating of the diesel's and make our pulls a fun experience for everybody. Check out our website for current updates at www.unitedpullers.net. My cell number is (208) 670-0996. Call me anytime if anybody has any questions or suggestions. Thanks!

Skyler, I bet Wendell is REALLY looking forward to that enclosed cab! Especially when those of us with stacks hook up.:st:

No doubt. I'm sure he wouldn't mind some air conditioning as well but that might be a ways off ;) How are things in Burley? Got both trucks ready to do some pullin?

I just put a bigger turbo on mine. Now I have to get my drivelines upgraded. Megan's truck will need a new tranny before it pulls again.

We are working on Elko again for this year. We haven't made a final commitment yet as we are trying to get some more sponsorship money rounded up as the facility alone is $2,500 for one night. I am pretty confident that it will go through, probably for some time in July again.

Hey everybody, Skyler with the United Pullers. We will continue to support diesel truck pulling as long as you guys continue to support us. We are making a few changes this year to be even more accomodating of the diesel's and make our pulls a fun experience for everybody. Check out our website for current updates at www.unitedpullers.net. My cell number is (208) 670-0996. Call me anytime if anybody has any questions or suggestions. Thanks!
What will they be changing for diesels this year pay outs? trophys? pull during the shows? Thanks for the update.

The big payouts are still not likely, unless of course you guys wanted to round up some of your own sponsors and we would split the winnings between the classes on a regualar payout scale, much like our modified classes. I think this is a good idea that would add a little more incentive to each class. If anybody has any ideas or sponsors that would like to put up some cash for any or all shows, let me know and we will get something arranged. The hats are no longer (thank goodness) and we are going to do something different, possibly just more cash. As far as pulling during the shows, we do our best with what we are given sometimes. A lot of venues are really cracking down on the noise ordinances so we are battling that a lot of the time. For the shows that we can run the alcohol motors late, we would like to separate the diesel classes and run them at different times throughout the show. We are going to leave the organization, teching, and staging to our new diesel tech's so everybody will be ready to go when and wherever we can put them in the show. I know everybody would like to pull earlier in the show when the full crowd is there, but unfortunately there are just sometimes that is not feasible. But we will do what we can to get you guys in earlier.

We are also really trying to get this DHRA thing to take off out here. Like I said, we will commit and support you guys if you continue to do the same for us. At least this way if some of you guys don't want to wait til 10 o'clock or better to pull, you can come back on another weekend and run in a strictly all diesel event. We are trying to be as accomodating as possible to both our gas and diesel pullers, as well as our alcohol trucks. Sometimes it is a balancing act we struggle with, but we are nonetheless trying to take good care of you guys.

So... Something that hasn't come up for a while, whats going to happen with the test pull May 10th? I'm sure its not happening seeing as Ogden won't give up the dates already reserved, but is their anything else in the works for still doing this somewhere?

The may 10th test and tune was totally going to be put on by Jessie with attitude diesel. DHRA was not planning on anything at that event. Jessie just wanted to anounce it at our meeting to get it out there. I have no idea if it is still going to be going on, you will have to try to get ahold of him directly. Thanks Kyle

The may 10th test and tune was totally going to be put on by Jessie with attitude diesel. DHRA was not planning on anything at that event. Jessie just wanted to anounce it at our meeting to get it out there. I have no idea if it is still going to be going on, you will have to try to get ahold of him directly. Thanks Kyle

You wouldn't have a number for him would you? I know a couple people who are looking for his number to talk about his sled.

Hey Bryan, Dominator should try to put on an all diesel pull around this date...:poke:

We would be willing to put on a pull if we had enough guys say they would come.

How many people would be willing to come to a pull around the 10th of May?

We would be willing to put on a pull if we had enough guys say they would come.

How many people(besides Smokin Monster, because we KNOW he will be there!) would be willing to come to a pull around the 10th of May?

Yep you are right I will be there!

"Build it and they will come" ha ha i will show up for sure as long as its not early in the morning... im workin nights on friday