DHRA rumors

aircop said:
Whats with this Friday and Saturday thing. What about the people that have to work for a living. It doesant matter if there Drag racers, sledpullers or fans.
I couldn't agree more, I liked the Saturday and Sunday show because taking my time on friday to drive over knowing that the rest the weekend will be play it by until we get home Sunday night.
Jay

Big K said:
I think the Friday/Saturday thing will be a HUGE hit down here in Texas.

Since Texas is really big part of the Bible belt with TONS of people going to Church on Sunday and really doing FAMILY things on Sunday.

Isn't that what RFC (Racers For Christ) services at the racetrack are for? ;)

Michael said:
Isn't that what RFC (Racers For Christ) services at the racetrack are for? ;)

Yes, but that doesn't do anything for the Spectators.

Need Spectators just as much as racers ;)

The Racers will come for sure, Spectators are another story ;)

I think the Friday and Saterday thing is NOT a good idea. It has always worked out just fine being on Saterday and Sunday. Really should re-think this setup, i know a lot of people that were not happy about last years "weekend passes" for the indy nationals only being available untill 3PM on FRIDAY! Let alone half the show being on Friday. its a BAD IDEA!

Whats with this Friday and Saturday thing. What about the people that have to work for a living. It doesant matter if there Drag racers, sledpullers or fans.

Typically you raced on saturday working towards finals on sunday. Is this going to be race all day friday for finals on sunday? By racing Im meaning pulling as well. If so, that will put out alot of racers and pullers. Less racers and pullers = less spectators. Less spectators = less vendors. All this = less revenue. :bang

I believe we had close to 37 trucks in our convoy from Ohio to Indy alone. I dont care if you are a participant paying THOUSANDS of dollars for the rig, or a spectator paying $30 admission...we have to work jobs so that we can play on the weekend.

The only way a Fri/Sat makes sense is if you can't get Sunday, and Friday is an optional test-n-tune day or night. If you make it a 100% requirement to be there on Friday to qualify, you will cut the field in 1/2. Guaranteed.

You will loose alot of the people that have to beg to get off work Friday so they can travel all day to get there in time for Sat-Sun racing. Now that would make me have to drive all day Thursday to race friday and saturday and be back sunday. It gives me a day to rest on sunday from traveling but still makes work alot harder when I have to take off not 1 day like before but 2 days. Less money in my pocket from the extra day off means less money in your pocket that I can spend!

My .02 not worth much I guess, but the Friday/Saturday sucks as far as I am concerned for the Texas event and I live in Houston. I already take off work Friday to make sure I have the truck ready and help local vendor when I can. Besides Friday is DI pre race party, can't miss that. It just would not be right on Thursday.

Leave working for the week and play on the weekends. Ditch the fri/sat idea

I know me myself am planning on joing some of yalls events. But if its on friday it blows it for me. Living in florida i will have to take off thursday and friday and monday. If its in cali i will have to take off almost a whole week. It would be much better sat and sunday where i can only take off friday and leave there LATE saturday to be home buy day break monday ready for work

EMcBride said:
DHRA will be going to a Friday/Saturday national event schedule:

May 30-31 Indiana Diesel Nationals
August 16th Utah Diesel Nationals* tentative date*
October 10-11 Texas Diesel Nationals

Thanks.

I understand you can't please everyone all the time and their are money concerns but I have to agree with others. The extra day off work may kill it for me next season as well as the west coast move to Utah from Vegas . . . Bummer. :( Is Utah even considered "West Coast?"

Heck, they consider Missouri "Out West".

West is basically anything that is not eastward of West Virginia. ;)

StLouisArchSmall.jpg

You're west when you walk under this...

Saturday and Sunday work best for me, maybe leave the option open for a Monday rain day if the eliminations would get rained out. I am sure people would stay if there were money on the line.
Eric,
I am curious what are the plans for the Pro street/ Quick diesel points series next year? Is there going to be somthing or is it just going to be the national events?

You are west when you cross the Continental Divide.

If you've never driven through mountains over 10,000ft high, you have not reached the West yet.

Definately another take for NO Fri/Sat. national events. Stick with the Sat/ Sun deal.

And what is the reasoning behind moving the West coast National event to Utah? Vegas couldn't be a better place for it. I thought this first year of the Vegas Nationals went well, yeah, not too many people but that will change as the sport grows.
I know there is A LOT of sled pulling in the mid west and eastern parts of the country but us west coast people have sled pullers as well.$.02

Joe

Just out of curiosity, why is Vegas not the venue now? Also, were places like Pomona, Famoso, Infinion, California Dragway, or Sacramento considered? Just curious why no events on the actual "West Coast"? Too expensive? No availability? Isn't Mopar Drag City in Banning supposed to open this year too? Trying to understand. :confused:

BilletGarage said:
Just out of curiosity, why is Vegas not the venue now? Also, were places like Pomona, Famoso, Infinion, California Dragway, or Sacramento considered? Just curious why no events on the actual "West Coast"? Too expensive? No availability? Isn't Mopar Drag City in Banning supposed to open this year too? Trying to understand. :confused:
Yeah, and an even better potential idea is to do one in conjuction with the J&H Rally in Redding. I missed out on this year's event but apparently it was the biggest one they have ever held, competitor and spectator-wise.

Joe