Did I miss something? VP UDC?

I'm just conversing. I've never owned one so its very possible I've never been around someone who truly knows what they are doing.

It'd be nice if there were some actual advances in vp tuning. I've been thinking about trying out a comp box or something similar, as opposed to the smarty I've got now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There won't be any advanced. There is no point in putting money on their standpoint into something old when they have new trucks to worry about.
These trucks are getting old.

Yeah, these things definitely fit the knife in a gun fight description, but it's been a good knife, has a certain sentimental attachment!

I'm just conversing. I've never owned one so its very possible I've never been around someone who truly knows what they are doing.

I know. I was trying to convey I wasn't being a :cheer: :lolly:

I loved the tst comp. Hated the edge I ran.

Any "tuning" updates will just be utilizing what is already there. There is no more power to unlock within them, J-pipes

Every quad I've been around is a jumpy unreliable.

This. On my current truck with 6x.013's the quadzilla pulsed on any level especially the pump tap levels and made the truck have strange issues. Rev it up in neutral and it would pop and grey smoke. Switched to a hot edge and truck is smooth as glass even on the 6x5 level. Quadzilla's seem to be pump killers aswell. I would never recommend an adrenaline to anybody with injectors bigger than a 7x.010. They are good for stock trucks but that's pretty much it.

I know. I was trying to convey I wasn't being a :cheer: :lolly:

I loved the tst comp. Hated the edge I ran.

Any "tuning" updates will just be utilizing what is already there. There is no more power to unlock within them, J-pipes
Yeah, I know there really isn't much prospects for improvements, mostly wishful thinking. About the only hope would be for a "mad scientist" type person to make it there personal mission. So I wouldn't bet on anything new and groundbreaking for these.

I love my VP for what I use it for now. Towing, daily driving and occasional sled pull. Otherwise I would try to go crazy building it.

By the time you buy a monster VP and top feed set up, you could do a pump swap with a decent pump and male more power.

We had a 2000 VP truck on the dyno yesterday that we tuned with UDC Pro compared to the Edge drag comp. Mods were stage 2 monster pump, mikes injectors, and 67mm HE351 (stock appearing turbo rules). We did 741HP with the drag Comp (703 on level 1, 717 on level 3, and 741 on level 5) then removed edge and did 21 different tunes playing with every possible value and ended up at 727HP with NO PUMP TAP, and a much flatter curve. I'll post the dyno sheet for comparison.

Lavon

We had a 2000 VP truck on the dyno yesterday that we tuned with UDC Pro compared to the Edge drag comp. Mods were stage 2 monster pump, mikes injectors, and 67mm HE351 (stock appearing turbo rules). We did 741HP with the drag Comp (703 on level 1, 717 on level 3, and 741 on level 5) then removed edge and did 21 different tunes playing with every possible value and ended up at 727HP with NO PUMP TAP, and a much flatter curve. I'll post the dyno sheet for comparison.

Lavon

Were those top feed injectors, or his hurricane 2s?

That's very interesting info..

Not a top feed setup.

UDC Pro is the flat power curve (corrected with the timing table) Comp box is the higher HP.
20160812_130844_zpsy4pkxlvk.jpg

Both UDC Pro power curves. I couldn't get a flat power curve with the fuel settings I got 727HP out of it.
20160812_130641_zpsln7qln7q.jpg

Last edited:
So basically what you're saying is that it makes the same power (more or less) as a pump tap box but with a flatter and smoother delivery?

So basically what you're saying is that it makes the same power (more or less) as a pump tap box but with a flatter and smoother delivery?

I'm told that they are working on supporting hardware to tap the pump wire as well, this power was done with a stock fuel table with limiters removed and a timing curve that made the flat line power. I think if we can control the pump to full fuel with the custom timing table we should be able to make the same flat power curve with a higher curve.

Lavon

I'm told that they are working on supporting hardware to tap the pump wire as well, this power was done with a stock fuel table with limiters removed and a timing curve that made the flat line power. I think if we can control the pump to full fuel with the custom timing table we should be able to make the same flat power curve with a higher curve.

Lavon

So it does leave a little left on the table perhaps.
I'm curious to see if it's worth it though with a factory pump.

I'll dyno an SO pump, Mach 7, and 366 truck with the same comparison when i get another free afternoon to molest its ecm.

Lavon

Lavon

That seems to support the thought the monsters prefer no wire tap. Very cool. Sounds like a rowdy vp truck.

I'll dyno an SO pump, Mach 7, and 366 truck with the same comparison when i get another free afternoon to molest its ecm.

Lavon

Reman pump or original?

Lavon

Very cool dude you are... I'll be waiting lol

Those are some crazy ass numbers with a 351. Who's wheel?

#lyphe

I would imagine the one from a certain supplier many in the turbo industry use. I have one in an HX35 I was testing on my 12 valve with a 67mm turbine. It is pretty dam rowdy and I actually decided to keep it on now LOL