Did I miss something? VP UDC?

Can the torque management be totally eliminated for the auto guys? That'd almost be worth the money right there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would imagine the one from a certain supplier many in the turbo industry use. I have one in an HX35 I was testing on my 12 valve with a 67mm turbine. It is pretty dam rowdy and I actually decided to keep it on now LOL

Compounds and external gate :nos: :charger:

Can the torque management be totally eliminated for the auto guys? That'd almost be worth the money right there.

I've gone completely brain dead... What years had the tq management?

I've gone completely brain dead... What years had the tq management?
All the auto trucks did some but I think the 2000+ was the worst. It'd be nice to totally kill it and have a functional speedometer.

See I'm oblivious then cause I thought only certain years had it.

I'll dyno an SO pump, Mach 7, and 366 truck with the same comparison when i get another free afternoon to molest its ecm.

Lavon
I've been wondering if you applied your talents to these antiques! Very happy you do, hopefully be able to save some money up to pay you guys a visit, you're not that far away. What's the ballpark figure to have a vp truck tuned?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I thought it was '01-2 autos.
Could be, I did a bunch of reading on it 4 or 5 years ago before I have up on trying to make my vp fast and just put a 6 speed in lol. It was my understanding that they all did it to some degree but that the 98.5-00 trucks weren't smart enough to do it well.

That seems to support the thought the monsters prefer no wire tap. Very cool. Sounds like a rowdy vp truck.

Reman pump or original?

Agree. Monster pump is not great for this comparison as they have a history of performing as well or better with no wire tape

Agree with Chris and Jacob. It would be great to see what an sovp is capable of with this Udc.

it is awesome to see the best in the industry spending time with some old dinosaurs, thanks Lavon

So I need the $800 touch and a $250 dongle to use it? I tried the demo stuff but it won't even let me see a file, also it's be nice if they found someone that spoke English to write their instructions.

Paul, have you been messing with VP tuning any?

Just briefly. I've been spending most of my time with the 5.9 common rails, and the 13+ trucks.

The only real testing I've done so far was to see if I could reduce off boost smoke even with the drag comp. I plan on spending more time soon. There are quite a few more parameters to adjust for the VP trucks then I thought there would be. Surprisingly a lot of similarities to the early CR trucks.

Paul

Starting to get a little excited the more I hear about this, although I still think I need a smaller turbo regardless of tuning, for my truck in particular.

Starting to get a little excited the more I hear about this, although I still think I need a smaller turbo regardless of tuning, for my truck in particular.

I am too. Id love to find a cheap VP beater and start playing with it.

Back