Did I miss something? VP UDC?

Just when I thought the 2nd gen market was getting under control with 3rd gen prices coming down I come across more for 20k than I do for 10k.

Not in my neck of the woods... There is no such thing as a cheap 2nd gen. Ever!

Just when I thought the 2nd gen market was getting under control with 3rd gen prices coming down I come across more for 20k than I do for 10k.

Maybe it's because they're rust buckets up here.

That being said, I just noticed how 2011/2012 6.7's (ford) are in the low $20k's now... That'll honestly probably be the new tow rig.

I've never messed with UDC. Can someone explain in simpler language what it takes to start using UDC Pro?

Do you use a Smarty Touch to load and unload tunes? Then you just need licenses/dongles?

I've never messed with UDC. Can someone explain in simpler language what it takes to start using UDC Pro?

Do you use a Smarty Touch to load and unload tunes? Then you just need licenses/dongles?

To be able to write tunes with UDC Pro, you need a UDC Pro dongle. These are not the same as a UDC dongle. The UDC Pro dongle is not tied to a VIN number. Instead you can use it to tune as many trucks as you want. From 98.5 through 2016.

On the truck, you would need either a Smarty Touch, or a Smarty MM3. Each Touch or MM3 comes with a VIN license, so nothing extra to buy.

As far as process, you would install the Touch on the truck, and then from the Touch's menu select get stock file. Remove the micro SD card from the Touch, and insert it into you computer. In UDC Pro select get stock file, and read the stock file from the micro SD card.

Using UDC Pro, modify the stock file, then use the create a tune file (.ecm), and write it to the micro SD card. Re-Insert the micro SD card into the touch, and your tune will show up under the custom file selection. Flash the ECM with the file.

Different years have different options, but that process will work with any of the years.

To re-cap. One UDC Pro dongle will tune an unlimited number of trucks, over all the supported years. The VIN license is in the Touch or MM3 itself, and they come with one VIN license, but more can be purchased. That makes it possible to tune multiple trucks with the same Touch or MM3.

I hope this helps,
Paul

To be able to write tunes with UDC Pro, you need a UDC Pro dongle. These are not the same as a UDC dongle. The UDC Pro dongle is not tied to a VIN number. Instead you can use it to tune as many trucks as you want. From 98.5 through 2016.

On the truck, you would need either a Smarty Touch, or a Smarty MM3. Each Touch or MM3 comes with a VIN license, so nothing extra to buy.

As far as process, you would install the Touch on the truck, and then from the Touch's menu select get stock file. Remove the micro SD card from the Touch, and insert it into you computer. In UDC Pro select get stock file, and read the stock file from the micro SD card.

Using UDC Pro, modify the stock file, then use the create a tune file (.ecm), and write it to the micro SD card. Re-Insert the micro SD card into the touch, and your tune will show up under the custom file selection. Flash the ECM with the file.

Different years have different options, but that process will work with any of the years.

To re-cap. One UDC Pro dongle will tune an unlimited number of trucks, over all the supported years. The VIN license is in the Touch or MM3 itself, and they come with one VIN license, but more can be purchased. That makes it possible to tune multiple trucks with the same Touch or MM3.

I hope this helps,
Paul
Best info I've found anywhere, thanks. What's the price for an mm3, anybody know?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So if we have the s03 it won't support this, we'd need to "upgrade" correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

im in...not sure why cuz I aint gonna change nothing but...id like too

man tho...start hotrodding again..wife will kill me

im in...not sure why cuz I aint gonna change nothing but...id like too

man tho...start hotrodding again..wife will kill me

With someone that knows what they are doing with the tune it should help smooth out any quirky drive ability issues with a vp.

Paul B, thank you very much. This is exactly what I'd like to play with. Used to play with the Quad Pulse 2, and it actually would spoil the same charger 300 rpm quicker than a comp box on the dyno. Really looking forward to playing with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't suppose they'd let you trade in your old s03 to upgrade to this either.

I've had it at 450 there too lol

I had a buddy here in Mi sit on one for two months at $350, no one seemed remotely interested. The ones at $450 or up seem to get the attention. People are weird lol

^^ I'll give you three fitty for it.
I'll have to check with Firepunk and the cost of the new setup with tuning. Have to try to save some money up first, don't want to drive it stock!

Back