Diesel drags in illinois

Here is are the first set of 500.

[ame="http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd406/turbodies3l/Byron%20Drags%20part%201/"]Byron Drags part 1 pictures by turbodies3l - Photobucket[/ame]

Now here's is my favorite truck:

DSC_0235-1.jpg

Needless to say, the DMax had lots of chrome and some tuning got him deep into the 11's. 11.1 I believe was his quickest when I left.

Last edited:
Talked to the announcer and he said something like 77 trucks signed up.

The 68 C10 DMax run 11 secs!

And some of the fastest times were sled-pullers with street tires! Who says sled-puller tech cannot win races???

The injectors I just installed with a GSK got me from 18secs stock to 16.164 but I was really proud of the .107 light I cut! :rockwoot: I have only dragged 3 times in my life. Most of the time was it was .2-.3 RTs.

Great job everyone! Next year they said they are bringing in a dyno!

thanks for postin them pics up there!had alot of fun,great turn out and alot of nice trucks.i seen you a few times but had kids to tend to when not sittin in line.i seen ur other post.you takin the 1st gen to 10secs?!?!:rockwoot:

I'm pissed I missed this. I hope it happens again. I would have loved to bring the 6.4 out there... Cab was off.

Last edited:
thanks for postin them pics up there!had alot of fun,great turn out and alot of nice trucks.i seen you a few times but had kids to tend to when not sittin in line.i seen ur other post.you takin the 1st gen to 10secs?!?!:rockwoot:

Would love to! But I am shooting for 12's first! But I HATE building more than once. Want to surprise myself come next summer. :stab:

They said there going to have two more diesel drag days next year :snoop:

They said there going to have two more diesel drag days next year :snoop:

thats sweet,it wasnt that bad of a drive,you were runnin good,im with oldestof though,id be super happy with 12s,hell id take 14 at this point!

hell ya it wasnt a bad drive at all i def wanna go back and see what i can get down to. my 11.89 wasnt cutting it, i gotta at least beat bump! that :homo:!
hah!:Cheer:

i think my fastest was 15.9,only thing different from cordova was i had more fuel in the tank.it was fun as hell though:rockwoot: good day= waking up early to smell diesel fuel,nitrous spray,fast trucks,a halloween party.........and my kid tellin his uncle ryan that he has nuts on his chin! now that sh!t was funny!

i think my fastest was 15.9,only thing different from cordova was i had more fuel in the tank.it was fun as hell though:rockwoot: good day= waking up early to smell diesel fuel,nitrous spray,fast trucks,a halloween party.........and my kid tellin his uncle ryan that he has nuts on his chin! now that sh!t was funny!

LOL ya that was super funny i about pissed my pants...

Sucks that I missed this. Kinda cool though they put my truck on the ad, its the green standard cab on the top right. Its not that fast, but it is pretty much smoke free on fuel only. That pic was right at launch, at the smokiest point and its barely a haze.