Drag comp vs. Adrenaline vs. Redline box...same dyno, same truck, same day!

i keep on seeing all these 64s going 600 hp. makes me wonder if i have an extra turbo and a bunch of pipes for nothing. i wish the adr worked this good on my truck. great numbers

I put down 735/1299 (debatable) on fuel and water just a couple of weeks ago. Drag Comp (ADR was having issues again), SOVP (original 130K miles) 240 sticks, E.D. S468, head work, cam, blah, blah. :blahblah1:

I thought that number was a little high, so I wasn't going to pat myself on the back just yet. Even though this was the same dyno I pulled 546 on fuel just a couple years ago with virtually the same amount of fueling. Could it be almost 190hp off this time or did the addition of a very large single, water, very cool ambient temp (40 deg), and a few minor air flow mods make that much difference? Probably not. That's why I wanted to back those numbers up at the track, but didn't get another chance this fall. :doh: The time slips don't lie!

Anyway, to answer your concern---I wouldn't worry to much about what folks are showing for peak numbers. The import numbers here are the differences in the fueling boxes. Jamie's results were the same as mine in that the ADR showed the higher peak HP. :cool:

736_Graph0242.jpg

736_RPM0243.jpg

I told ya I wanted a 64, this just confirms it, my twins are coming out soon, maybe I can do a trade with some one , hint hintLOL. Your numbers are great, especially on Mach 5s, I got 602 on Mach 6s and a SB66 and im sure your combo is easier to drive than mine was, now what box feels better as far as driveability? my drag omp was smoother than my ADR was.

I would love to go twins, but I'm happy with my current combo. The Adrenaline is about equal to the drag comp as far as smoothness, but only because I can adjust the ADR to be streetable. With the settings I was running on the dyno, it tends to be very jumpy & surges.

What do you have for twins blkram?

Also, awesome numbers Jamie and thanks for the help on CF. I'm hoping to dyno my ADR with the 150s here in a couple weeks on the 2000, 3000, comp, and dyno tunes to see the diffs. I'll keep everyone updated as well.
Thanks. No problem helping, anytime. Good Luck on the dyno.
That is truly badass Jamie, even when everybody was trashing on the ADR you and I always stuck to Quads perserverence and kept ours! Glad I did:woohoo:

Thanks. I'm glad I did as well. I've always heard the drag/Redline stack was wicked & wanted to try it, just figured I'd do this test for fun.

So what box are you running everyday? This 4k box you ran the rollers with or the old untouched box with that 4k tune I'm running?

So what box are you running everyday? This 4k box you ran the rollers with or the old untouched box with that 4k tune I'm running?

I still prefer the old box with 70% tune. I wish Quad would just tinker so slightly with that tune & I'd be golden.

I would love to go twins, but I'm happy with my current combo. The Adrenaline is about equal to the drag comp as far as smoothness, but only because I can adjust the ADR to be streetable. With the settings I was running on the dyno, it tends to be very jumpy & surges.

What ever you do dont touch it, if its running good just leave itLOL , I have learned my lesson too many times, your truck is a stick correct?

Thanks guys. I am very happy & shocked myself. My SOTP dyno is very accurate!!!!LOL The dyno tune had 2200 fuel stretch & 10* timing right off of the website & thats how I ran it. Before doing my runs, we had trouble getting the truck loaded up right & I actually ran 12 runs in total. All of the runs were brought up to 3000-3400ish rpms. I hit 62psi on the street & I managed to get 57psi on the dyno.

That's is awesome, you sure got it running strong. They must of changed the dyno tune, the one I got has 8* timing and 2000 for fuel stretch. Do you have any idea what #'s they were putting in for the load on the dyno? There is a Mustang dyno here that we plan on getting on soon.

That's is awesome, you sure got it running strong. They must of changed the dyno tune, the one I got has 8* timing and 2000 for fuel stretch. Do you have any idea what #'s they were putting in for the load on the dyno? There is a Mustang dyno here that we plan on getting on soon.

They put 18k# load on it & my tires were hot [spinning on the rollers] Then he put less & I couldn't build boost. After playing with alot of different loads etc. I ran 12 times & ended up using my brakes to get it loaded.

They put 18k# load on it & my tires were hot [spinning on the rollers] Then he put less & I couldn't build boost. After playing with alot of different loads etc. I ran 12 times & ended up using my brakes to get it loaded.

Right on, thanks.

If anyone is interested, i dynoed my truck with my adr with no pulse and factory 1000 tune. Numbers are uncorrected, i did 283hp no electronics, level 5 was 434hp, level 7 was 424 hp, and level 10 was 418. I think 151hp is awesome from pl0 to pl5 on factory tunes.... i can't wait to see what happens when i get a pulse and beta tunes.

Does anyone else find it funny that a Drag Comp that was designed 10+ years ago works within 1% of the latest VP box-of-the-week? :hehe: It makes me wonder where the CR's would be if MSD Group hadn't bought them out.

Does anyone else find it funny that a Drag Comp that was designed 10+ years ago works within 1% of the latest VP box-of-the-week? :hehe: It makes me wonder where the CR's would be if MSD Group hadn't bought them out.

Not me. I just think the VP is old technology and is severely limited. It didn't take a ton of R&D to max it out. Quad took it a step farther with real time custom tuning--something no other company cared to do. With additional dyno time I'm sure more "dyno power" could have been squeezed out of the truck. The fact that I can make my truck run exactly how I want it to run is what makes the adrenaline a winner.

Not me. I just think the VP is old technology and is severely limited. It didn't take a ton of R&D to max it out. Quad took it a step farther with real time custom tuning--something no other company cared to do. With additional dyno time I'm sure more "dyno power" could have been squeezed out of the truck. The fact that I can make my truck run exactly how I want it to run is what makes the adrenaline a winner.

you're joking right?

p pump is the OLD technology, and the stock 12mm pumps can make the most power of all the stock pumps. VP's seem to max out around 600-650 horse. whats a stock CP3 max out at.......??? about the same?

you're joking right?

p pump is the OLD technology, and the stock 12mm pumps can make the most power of all the stock pumps. VP's seem to max out around 600-650 horse. whats a stock CP3 max out at.......??? about the same?
joking about what? I'm not talking about a whole bunch more power, but if different power levels and maybe tweak the tuning a little, I'd be willing to bet the truck could put down a little better DYNO numbers. That means tuning for the dyno load. On the street it might be a little different, but this was a dyno shootout for VP boxes. Quad's is the only one that you can tune to your setup is all I'm saying.

EDIT: IF you're referring to the old technology comment, the p pump has no technology lol. The VP's electronics are limited and outdated, as are it's mechanical abilities to run a lot of timing.

Edge has come out with how many versions of software for the comp/drag comp over a 10 year period? I never touched the dyno tune, just loaded it & put it on pl10 & dynoed. I was playing around with it today & I know it does better on the lower settings. With some seat time & pulse adjustments, I bet those numbers will change quite a bit.

Edge has come out with how many versions of software for the comp/drag comp over a 10 year period? I never touched the dyno tune, just loaded it & put it on pl10 & dynoed. I was playing around with it today & I know it does better on the lower settings. With some seat time & pulse adjustments, I bet those numbers will change quite a bit.

i agree, generic tunes never work as good because everyones running something different.

you get that dialed in and i bet youll see another 30 horse

I agree.... Makes me wonder why I spent so much money on a Redline.
"keep it simple stupid" ... Sad but true.

Quad box would have gotten stomped by a TST PM3 Comp/Edge EZ stack easily.