Dumb things I see at truck pulls...

i was just about to bash on the girl in the video until my first pull of the year popped into my head. i twisted off a u-joint at like the 285 ft mark. once the sled backed off from it i grabbed it, one had on the red hot u-joint. yeah i threw it down pretty fast and looked like a freakin moron... even the announcer was like "you might wanna watch where you put ur hands" i felt pretty stupid...

Back in 05' we were at a pull in Waynesburg, Pa and seen a pro stock tractor pop a charger about half track...spit the turbine out on the track. Well you guys can guess what happened next. One of the track guys walked over and picked it up. He dropped it, did a dance and said a few choice words!!!!LOL! Now thats one you'll never live down!

we were at a pull and a guy drove his truck to the pull and wanted to see how it would do. he was pullin a common rail takes a little bit for those trucks to whin down. got done with his pull jambed it in reverse and ran into the sled
:hehe:

I (and others) do it to keep the motor from stalling when you let out of it because the converter is still locked at this point sometimes...

The guy in front of me at FASS this year decided to try and find a sh!tter when he was 3 trucks from hooking. He gave up after a couple minutes, came back to his truck, opened up his extended cab door, squatted and let her fly LOL Then to top it off, he drives over his pile of sh!t with his fresh trxus and leaves a sh!tprint about every few feet when he pulls forward....

that is so wrong, but even worse i know who it was :doh:

A bunch of drunks at Scheids, not even watching the pull but taking up seats for those that want to watch the pull. That is stupid.

I wanted to take my wife to Scheids(09 was my first time there) but after all the jackwagons driving around in '10, I don't think I will go back.

Michael

or you have been running a P pump 24v, for 2 years an you have people argue that no hes still running a redline box,, going up on the rpms and never making any redline noise,most of them like hickup or something ,,an the rpm actually goes over 4grand,,.....But the best I have heard at a track,,is when your getting ready ,in the staging area,now i'm driving the red truck,an a few guys come over an say,you have the hot tune from bully dog downloaded in this thing,,or you run the BIG superchips download..come on guys,,you just made my day..

O an by the way..I have too seen the super street truck go backwards into the sled at 4500rpms....NICE MOVE....I think he got the furthest reward,,in reverse.lol

or you have been running a P pump 24v, for 2 years an you have people argue that no hes still running a redline box,, going up on the rpms and never making any redline noise,most of them like hickup or something ,,an the rpm actually goes over 4grand,,.....But the best I have heard at a track,,is when your getting ready ,in the staging area,now i'm driving the red truck,an a few guys come over an say,you have the hot tune from bully dog downloaded in this thing,,or you run the BIG superchips download..come on guys,,you just made my day..

:bang

that is so wrong, but even worse i know who it was :doh:

Did I talk to you right before and after the pull right before it rained? I was in the truck in my avatar and my steering brace bent right at the get go :doh:

Did I talk to you right before and after the pull right before it rained? I was in the truck in my avatar and my steering brace bent right at the get go :doh:

It wasn't old Smokinrod but I do know who it was, I would out him but wouldn't want him to be outlawed.

I (and others) do it to keep the motor from stalling when you let out of it because the converter is still locked at this point sometimes...

QUOTE]

I should of said mainly not only, because I contradicted myself at the end saying some do it so there truck doesnt die, which I barely do it at the end on my mega cab or it will die when I let off after the pull, so two main reasons, why people do that. Until someone comes up with the third.

I do it after a pull on certain tracks when my engine temperature gets to high. Put it in nuetral and rev it to 2k till the temperature gets back down to normal