Dumb things I see at truck pulls...

I have been going to pulls for over 35 years and seen some funny stuff but i ain't never seen a rev high boost dump into the sleed ......:badidea: i hate to laugh but that right there is funny.

really though i could see me doin it to.

i know 6.4's can make 600 on stock turbos and tranny. But a vp dodge or p pump dodge ain't gonna happen. Especially when they say they are running bully dog or banks or edge and think its the best tuner ever. LOL And the d maxs and common rail dodges can get up there too but they are livin on borrowed time with a stock tranny.

If you wanna see some funny stuff just go to a small pull at a county fair. You'll see every pos come out of the wood work and pull. I can be accused of this too :doh: but i knew i didn't have a snowballs chance in hel! to be competitive and didn't pretend like i did either. But i had a bet with a buddy on who's truck was better and i won :woohoo:

i know 6.4's can make 600 on stock turbos and tranny. But a vp dodge or p pump dodge ain't gonna happen. Especially when they say they are running bully dog or banks or edge and think its the best tuner ever. LOL And the d maxs and common rail dodges can get up there too but they are livin on borrowed time with a stock tranny.

2sbtsmt.gif

If you wanna see some funny stuff just go to a small pull at a county fair. You'll see every pos come out of the wood work and pull. I can be accused of this too :doh: but i knew i didn't have a snowballs chance in hel! to be competitive and didn't pretend like i did either. But i had a bet with a buddy on who's truck was better and i won :woohoo:

Is it just me or did a the kind that this thread is about just leave his arse show? LOL

when a puller doesnt know how to slip their new dual disc and rev it up 4000+ rpms and side step the clutch and cant figure why they broke:nail:

The reason im wondering is cause im pretty sure your talking about my comment of the stock turbo and stock tranny. Its been done before with the 6.4 many times and the trannys lived for much longer than an allison or dodge tranny will hold that power.

I was talking about your comment about a VP and ppump cant make over 600hp

The reason im wondering is cause im pretty sure your talking about my comment of the stock turbo and stock tranny. Its been done before with the 6.4 many times and the trannys lived for much longer than an allison or dodge tranny will hold that power.

This thread is NOT about what stupid stock trans and turbo will hold what.

I (and others) do it to keep the motor from stalling when you let out of it because the converter is still locked at this point sometimes...

QUOTE]

I should of said mainly not only, because I contradicted myself at the end saying some do it so there truck doesnt die, which I barely do it at the end on my mega cab or it will die when I let off after the pull, so two main reasons, why people do that. Until someone comes up with the third.

How bout those who hook thier trucks and place middle of the pack or worse and you talk to them a week later and all of the sudden they were "just out of the money" and would have done a lot better if there wasn't so many cheaters

Last edited:
the guy at the pulls with a 6.4 ford and a tuner box making 600hp on his stock tranny......:nail: