Dumb things I see at truck pulls...

the dumbest thing ive seen by far was the lack of a fire extinguisher in the first ten feet of the pulling track at scheids. how many trucks were ablaze before that poor track guy ate **** running 300' with an extinguisher?

The guys with basically a stock truck that pulled 3xx ft. once. So on a different night the 2.8 truck that won pulled 28x ft. must not run as good as his stock truck and he should of pulled, and no matter what you say they think 300ft is 300 ft, all sleds weigh the same, and all tracks are the same.

In conjunction with this, One night I saw a 2.6 class finish 315,305,304,294, then the rest.

The rest were SCREAMING like babies that lost their binky the sled was set too heavy.:doh::doh:

Personally, I thought it was still a touch too light, Only need one truck at 300.:rockwoot:

A guy that has a built 2.8 Duramax and doesn't know that he puts it in 2nd gear instead of drive, bumping the rev limiter all the way down the track at 10mph ended up in a blown turbo.

Pulling with Big rear end blocks and no traction bars.

One guy comes to the pull with a death trap of trying to pull from a 3/8 chain with a D loop on the end of it hanging from a contraption he welded up. When it is hanging it is 26in and when pulled tight it is 30in. And he wonder why we didn't approve it. Wish I took a picture of it.

Last edited:
A guy that has a built 2.8 Duramax and doesn't know that he puts it in 2nd gear instead of drive, bumping the rev limiter all the way down the track at 10mph ended up in a blown turbo.

Pulling with Big rear end blocks and no traction bars.

One guy comes to the pull with a death trap of trying to pull from a 3/8 chain with a D loop on the end of it hanging from a contraption he welded up. When it is hanging it is 26in and when pulled tight it is 30in. And he wonder why we didn't approve it. Wish I took a picture of it.

I think I know what one your talking about. There is a video of it floating around youtube.

How about the guys at the indoor events with the smoke stacks made out of clothes dryer vent tube. FAIL!

Or the ones with 10 feet of flex instead of buying a little more pipe. FAIL!

The track roadie that locks the hubs in at the start, then after the truck makes it to half track and shells the rear driveshaft, right on queue he comes running down the track to unlock them for ya... Saw that more than once

The track roadie that locks the hubs in at the start, then after the truck makes it to half track and shells the rear driveshaft, right on queue he comes running down the track to unlock them for ya... Saw that more than once

That's handy...

Gotta love good help.

Or when they work there steering wheel hard from side to side thinking they are going to get more traction.

Or when they get one pull (TS 2010) and the truck is in 2nd gear. O wait that was me.

since no one else really tried to guess, Ill just tell you, it is only for trucks with water injection, at the end of the pull its still dumping in alot of water and just letting of the throttle wont clear it all out, so they rev up the engine a few times to help clear the water out, also, alot of times the truck will die if you just let off the throttle, so this helps keep it running also, so it doesnt die with water in the cylinders, intake, etc.

I (and others) do it to keep the motor from stalling when you let out of it because the converter is still locked at this point sometimes...

The guy in front of me at FASS this year decided to try and find a sh!tter when he was 3 trucks from hooking. He gave up after a couple minutes, came back to his truck, opened up his extended cab door, squatted and let her fly LOL Then to top it off, he drives over his pile of sh!t with his fresh trxus and leaves a sh!tprint about every few feet when he pulls forward....