Dumb things I see at truck pulls...

when guyss try to race me down the highway after the pull and the pulling truck is loaded on the trailer behind the semi...jackass'

People who get drunk then pull.

People who don't fight, get in fights with people that do over their buddies truck.

People who pass you going 80+ mph with their pull truck on trailer on the way home on the interstate. So negligent to everyone else on the road. Stupid!

The rest have been mentioned.

One of my favorites...

Seeing the truck / tractor that just hammered everyone's ass lumbering off the track like grandpa would drive it, and the loser dipchits flying through the pits in road gear with all kinda throttlejockeying and smokepoofing.

Equivalent to the "loser flyby" in street racing.

The best one is the guys who pull across the scales and then go park in the parking lot............ and never hook.

Another good one is the guys who gets to back up to the track and blow smoke the whole pull and talk about how much better they could have done.

Last edited:
I was flagging (I love flagging at the top end of the track) at the top end of the track and this guy went like 5 feet and after getting unhooked from the sled proceeded to come down the track at atleast 55 mph and blew by me and I was yelling at him...Then him and his POS buddies tried to start a fight...They were from Money Shot Diesel Performance...

We threw out a guy at Hillsboro for drinking, he got all butt hurt and wanted to fight but decided to back down after he realized he was out number 5 to 2 plus 2 Sheriff's deputies...He was pulling a crew cab long bed 80's K30 in the gas class but was running alcohol ironically, so technically alcohol got him nailed twice that night, we disqualified him for running it and when he argued we smelled the alcohol on him and he got threw off the fairgrounds...

This year at Hillsboro there was like 7-9 guys and girls standing in a circle drinking from a McDonalds cup and as the sheriff drove by on his Polaris Ranger I made a tipping cup motion with my hand and pointed behind me and Brownie stopped and made them pour it out, me and Brownie are pretty good friends, my mom cuts his hair LOL...30 minutes later I seen a kid standing there in another group with a coozie and I just stare at him until he looks me in the eye and I just smile, hesighs and pulls the can out, dumps it out, crushes it and puts it in his pocket, I say thank you and walk away...

what about the guys that go around the trucks haulin the pulling trucks and proceed to dump as much black smoke on them as they can, I mean seriously? lol

I like it when the "roadies" all run down the track and hop in the truck at the end of the pull, then go to the pits 100 yards away.

I like it when the "roadies" all run down the track and hop in the truck at the end of the pull, then go to the pits 100 yards away.

heheheLOL anyone remember the "roadie" in sandles and shorts, holding a beer, rushing out to pick up the hood stack that fell off a mod at SDX..06 ish? Dropped it quick... Thats on video somewhere.

heheheLOL anyone remember the "roadie" in sandles and shorts, holding a beer, rushing out to pick up the hood stack that fell off a mod at SDX..06 ish? Dropped it quick... Thats on video somewhere.

Yep, his name is Berry and it was Gus Mackereths truck "Big Boyz Toyz". We still give him sh!t about it too.

Also seen a 427 gas engine blow up and the piston was still connected to the rod. The flag guy decided to pick up the rod/piston....didn't take him long to drop it. LOL

Last edited:
A truck at a brushpull tried to make a set of traction bars out of chains and a binder ... I should have taken a pic of it turned out to be an epic fail.

That was my 15 year old brothers truck yes it failed miserably but for two hours of welding and 40 bucks worth of materials he thought it would work lets say he learned his lesson they came off that night and made solid one lol

That was my 15 year old brothers truck yes it failed miserably but for two hours of welding and 40 bucks worth of materials he thought it would work lets say he learned his lesson they came off that night and made solid one lol

LOL we all saw what you were going for there, I think if you had pulled from the rear of the truck with the binder it may have worked. But a solid one is the way to go.

Can't blame you for trying, trust me I have had my share of epic fails when tryinig new things :Cheer:

yea we all had a good laugh about it he must have watched the video of it a thousand times just watching what the chains were doing he and me myself never thought the axle would rotated the way it was in the video thats the price of learning tho

I hate the people in the stock class after the sled stops they keep in to the wood and proceed to shred everything, then have to be drug off the track because the truck will not move, stupid 6.0's lol

Think since they have banks stuff there truck is going to beat everyone and get pissed when there ass is handed to them

yea we all had a good laugh about it he must have watched the video of it a thousand times just watching what the chains were doing he and me myself never thought the axle would rotated the way it was in the video thats the price of learning tho

There's a good video floating around that shows axle wrap really well. The chains may have helped a tad from sort of "pre loading" the axle.

The guys with basically a stock truck that pulled 3xx ft. once. So on a different night the 2.8 truck that won pulled 28x ft. must not run as good as his stock truck and he should of pulled, and no matter what you say they think 300ft is 300 ft, all sleds weigh the same, and all tracks are the same.

There's a good video floating around that shows axle wrap really well. The chains may have helped a tad from sort of "pre loading" the axle.

Yea but it still was worth it just to go with solid bars we learned from that dumb idea LOL