Dyno testing,

One of the things that really surprised me with Zach's cam is how much of the smoke it cleared up, even going to the bigger chargers.

Going from the 59 over 71 to the 64 over 80 I was concerned with the spool up time and the smoke on the street......both were totally unfounded.

Running the same tuning with the same sticks, the spool up is just as fast as the smaller chargers were. The smoke output however is SIGNIFICANTLY less. I was REALLY surprised by this.

On my '06 CR, when we built the motor, the only major mechanical change was the cam. Everything else was just bullet proofing parts.

With the stock cam, I made pulls in March. With Zach's cam I made pulls in August. Now, this is Alabama and that equates to almost a 50* difference in air temp and humidity in August is at 100%.

The truck went from 723 HP in March to 771 HP in August.

I haven't had it back on the dyno with the new chargers, so I don't have those numbers to compare.

Kind of a pointless tidbit, but the motor sounds SO much better. The exhaust is solid sounding. I know that isn't all that important, but it is a nice secondary effect.

Here are the sheets from the runs. Both were with me running the truck on a DynoJet 242xLc with Eddy Brake at 30% load and this was with the 59 over 71 chargers.

Slide3-126.jpg

Last edited:
Back