Dyno testing,

big blue 24, if it will help we are going to be selling these test cams at a greatly discounted price. Sad to let everybody know the 188/220 is in two pieces.......had an accident in the shop.

Zach

$299 if big blue doesn't want it
$399 on the rest of the custom grinds
$249 if you are wanting the "other guys" cams. They are popular grinds. One is a drop in cam and the other one requires .080" flucuts.

Sorry for not being available, we will be open for business again tomorrow.
Zach

stockvs181_210blacksmoke.jpg

here is a visual description of how our cam reduces smoke.

Zach

hey zach i came down about 2 weeks ago an got a head from ur brother but my buddy Lee called me after he left down there an said it was pretty awesome... ill prolly be hollarin at u before to long about a cam for my single cab short bed

All I can say is d@*n you and your graphs!

Looking forward to the cam though.

Last edited:
WOW, I need to pony up and buy a cam. From the looks of things it would really help spool up, towing, and general driveability in my 5000ft rare air. If it reduces, EGT and makes more power, it's just icing on the cake.

-Dustin-

Alot of good info here. Makes the choice tougher to be sure. I like the faster spooling of the 188 vrs the 181, but I was not thrilled when my GT4094 secondary raised my egt's 75deg. I'm going to swap a different charger into the 6.7 build to bring them back down but the 188 might bring them back up. The new head might make up for it though. Like I said, tough call.:nail:

Are you going to post up these other cams, or PM me if possible.

-Dustin-

What other cams?

Thanks again to Steve Orose for donating his truck to get thrashed. This truck will be the one we test the head on soon. Few different cams , different port designs. It ought to be fun.

Ron, the earlier spool of the 188 will really help clear the smoke up sooner, which I think would be a big deal in California.
Mthomas. That is what I am doing right now, great setup, just don't use the stock turbo

Also thanks to Ronald Reagan and Ryan Blair for changing cams at NASCAR pit crew speeds.

Adam, thanks for the videos and for letting us use your facility.....amazing shop!

Last edited:
The "other guys" cams for $250. Just wondering who's they are so I could peddle them to the Cummins guys around here that may want them.

-Dustin-

The last thing I want is to kick that hornets nest. If I post up which cams they are then this thread will go to hell.
Sold as a drop in cam and a flycut .080" street strip cam, both are very popular. I will remove all of the markings. Both customers they were sold to were told they were new cams, they are regrinds and that is the reason

If i have to disclose whose they are to sell them, I will just destroy them.