E.D. 62/68/12 writeup....

I want to give a big thanks to Chris at Engineered Diesel. He was a big help on this project. We gave chris a call and he set us up with a new 62/68/12 with race cover. Spoolup is much better than the old setup (hx40). Lights around 1300-1400 were the old hx40 would light around 1800-1900. Cruising boost is around 10psi and egt's ~700*. On a hard pull the hx40 would hit 1200+ with this setup its barley hits 1000* and pushes 40psi boost. This turbo pulls twice as hard as the old setup.We installed a 2nd gen syle manifold to get rid of that awful raspy nosie, wow what a big difference. Here are a few pics of the setup....

Last edited:
now, let's do something about that filter setup :eek:

IMG_0438.jpg

congrad on the new turbo, I was spoke with chris about the same turbo but for a 2nd gen. what kind of fueling are you using.

Man I have to get ahold of Chris now, if he makes a 3rd gen style race cover ill be getting one!!!!!!!

no surge w/ the tight housing?

now, let's do something about that filter setup

No surging at all..... Im going to make up a new pipe, just haven't had time. Looks hideous don't it??
Drive pressure is ~45psi. The setup worked untill it got cold out, then it froze:bang
Fueling is a stock CP3, 90hp sticks (dunno make, were in truck when bought). Running smarty on REVO sw7. Tried the TNT on sw3. Truck made a terrible popping noise so went back to REVO sw7. Dont know what was going on there. May play with it more after the snow clears

Yes its an 03. Maby Chris could chime in and clarify on that cover. I thought he said it was a race cover, I could be wrong.

Whats the price on that E.D. Turbo. Got a friend witha tow pig wanting to upgrade from the stock HX35. This turbo sounds exactly what he needs. His is an 01 6spd with a Smarty/Edge Hot Comp stack and 50hp sticks.

I just spoke with Chris about this turbo today. Do you think the 64/68 would've been better, or are you happy with the 62/68?